Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rachet for ELS Belt?

minnesota1

On 9/30/2018 at 10:11 AM, Pirate said:

Is mounting hardware included?  If not what did you use?

No mounting hardware was included.  I just used the leftover hardware that I had from the ELS forks and plates.

Used 3 t-nuts and 3 bolts and its solid.

Let me know if you need a few pics

Edited by JWil

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

So I know this is an old post but are people wearing an ELS belt backwards and cutting the belt to install the ratchet clip in the front? Or just using the ratchet over top of the buckle in the front? I have an ELS belt and not 100% what’s practical when running stages.

*nevermind I just  cut the belt after watching a bunch of videos and seeing what works for other people. 

Edited by joesh00ts
To update post

• 4 months later...

Last one I did, I used a brand new razor to cut the nylon portion of the belt.  I scored where I wanted to cut, then when I bent the belt to separate the nylon (planned on cutting with a hacksaw), the plastic underneath snapped perfectly where I had scored it.  Worked a charm.  Then i melted the ends with a cheap soldering iron.  Also used said cheap soldering iron to burn through my screw holes...also worked very well!  This was on a Shooters Connection belt.

First one I did, I just hack sawed and drilled...much messier, not nearly as clean as the scoring and soldering iron method.

Edited by clw42

31 minutes ago, clw42 said:

Last one I did, I used a brand new razor to cut the nylon portion of the belt.  I scored all the way around the place that I wanted to cut, then when I bent the belt to separate the nylon (planned on cutting with a hacksaw), the plastic underneath snapped perfectly where I had scored it.  Worked a charm.  Then i melted the ends with a cheap soldering iron.  Also used said cheap soldering iron to burn through my screw holes...also worked very well!  Theis was on a Shooters Connection belt.

First one I did, I just hacksawed and drilled...much messier, not nearly as clean as the scoring and soldering iron method.

Thanks for the info!

Probably not the most cost effective method, but I just ,ensured around my waist and got a shorter outer belt. I didn’t want any overlap. An added benefit is if I don’t like the ratchet system I can go back to the original belt. I bought a couple of different ratchet iterations from the same site, one with a pad installed. Still trying to find the time to assemble the whole system.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Malcolm31 said:

I’ve seen a bunch of shooters using the ratchets on their belts.  I have always been a little concerned about it pulling apart or breaking during a stage.  Any issues with breakage?

They are designed to hold snow boards on snow boarder's feet. Velco won't do that.

• 3 months later...

Atlas Gunworks is selling a premade version of this idea.  It's spendy ($100 for just the outer belt) but it seems to hold up and look pretty good.

Thinking about just grabbing it and saving myself the work.

On 8/4/2019 at 10:02 AM, Balakay said:

For those of you who have done this to a double alpha or CRspeed belt, what are you using to cut the belt? Are you doing anything to the rough end to prevent unraveling?

Last two I did I cut the belt with a chop saw. 5 min two part epoxy on the ends to prevent the fray. 

• 1 month later...

I took a old kitchen knife and heated it red hot with a propane torch worked very well ,after cutting you can work the edges and around the cut to tidy it up. For the holes I used the same method with a old Phillips screw driver. I made mine several months back and it still looking good.

Any snowboard binding and strap will work just fine... generally you can get 2 for the price of 1 name brand belt solution. Choice of color and length are endless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 years later...