Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Guns than run.......JP GMR-15

RangerTrace

So I took a big loss on my Limited gun, but I traded it for a new JP GMR-15.  I took it to the indoor range this afternoon to sight in the Aimpoint PRO I stole of my LWRC SBR. 

What a joy to shoot.  No malfunctions of any kind, crazy accurate with my 147 grain BBI reloads.  Feeds the first round, locks back on the last round and I don't have to shoot the round out of it at unload and show clear.

I know I could have bought parts and built something similar for less, but I don't have time to tinker.  I just like my guns to run, and run, and run.........

So, learn from my mistake if you are considering building or buying a PCC.  Stay away from Colt pattern magazines.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, RangerTrace said:

Added the Crimson Trace CMR-203 laser to the carbine today.  I found the adjustments for the laser to be a little less than perfect, but I think it's close enough for what I'm gonna use it for........

Did you sight in the laser or just align it with your dot?

I just aligned my laser with my dot and it's almost perfect with my dot.

4 minutes ago, stick said:

Did you sight in the laser or just align it with your dot?

I just aligned my laser with my dot and it's almost perfect with my dot.

I tried to co-witness with my dot.  The issue is that both screws seem to change windage and elevation.  they are not marked on the laser.  

58 minutes ago, RangerTrace said:

I tried to co-witness with my dot.  The issue is that both screws seem to change windage and elevation.  they are not marked on the laser.  

Looking at the manual the top is the windage and the bottom is the elevation, but since it's inverted on a rifle rail, the the top is the elevation and the bottom is the windage.

On 9/4/2018 at 5:50 PM, RangerTrace said:

My CMR-206 did the same thing.  I just had to play with it until they lined up. 

The laser is mounted just ahead of my C-more Railway.  Also I raised the C-more by 3/8" for user comfort.   

The C-more is sighted in at 17 yards but since I will only use the laser at closer targets, on a wall at 7 yards the laser is right at 1" below the red dot.

I love my GMR-15.  I first purchased one from Shooters Connection and it was a basic model nothing to fancy.  The gun looked great and ran great.  I decided to have JP build me an upper with the side charger and add a few fancy parts.  I also added the Modular Armageddon trigger, but ended up changing it back to the Modular curved trigger.  Nothing wrong with the Armageddon just liked the curved better. I could not be happier with my purchase.  I have not added a laser yet, but I do see were they can be beneficial.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I’m brand new to PCC and excited. Got  basic ready rifle JP GMR-15 yesterday. Mounted  Trijicon MRO and need to sight it in. I normally run Federal 147gr through my handguns. What’s the popular ammo for PCC?

I welcome your experience and advice. Sight it in at 30, 50 , or 25 yards??

After that I’ll look for organizations will to help and teach a newcomer.