Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Folding target stands

quiller

Dear members,

If you are looking for the posts offering target stands, they have been hidden since sales are not allowed outside the classifieds and dealer-style sales are not allowed outside the dealer forums. The posts that quoted the sales offers were also hidden. Please review the guidelines for the forums and classifieds.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Your Moderator...

8 hours ago, ChuckS said:

Dear members,

If you are looking for the posts offering target stands, they have been hidden since sales are not allowed outside the classifieds and dealer-style sales are not allowed outside the dealer forums. The posts that quoted the sales offers were also hidden. Please review the guidelines for the forums and classifieds.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Your Moderator...

ChuckS, thanks for pointing this out. I would like to reconnect with the other user but do so in an appropriate manner and in the correct location. Should I repost my original post in the "Forum Dealer Deals" or elsewhere? I read through the guidelines and its not clear what I (potential buyer) can do at this point. Thanks again....

40 minutes ago, uewpew said:

If you're a DIY'r...

20180821_070141.jpg

I'm am a DIY'er and I would build my own metal ones, but we just moved and all my welding gear is packed until we get into our permanent home. I found several other DIY options online but the folding metal ones only take up a few inches in width by 2' long and we are seriously short on space in our 2 bedroom apartment. We went from a 2,500 sq/ft house with another 1,000 sq/ft in storage to 1,200 sq/ft total! Most DIY options I found take up too much room. Thanks for sharing.

2 hours ago, quiller said:

ChuckS, thanks for pointing this out. I would like to reconnect with the other user but do so in an appropriate manner and in the correct location. Should I repost my original post in the "Forum Dealer Deals" or elsewhere? I read through the guidelines and its not clear what I (potential buyer) can do at this point. Thanks again....

Good morning, Alan.

Your post is just fine where it is. The issue was the other member using this forum to sell items that he manufacturers without being a forum dealer. Here is a short snippet from the classified guidelines:

" The Classifieds Forum is for contributing members to occasionally sell or trade their personally owned wares (selling for friends is not okay) as a way of returning back to them a little of what they have given. "

There is nothing you can do from your end. The member has to conform to the guidelines for sales of manufactured products by becoming a forum dealer. He has already been informed to review the requirements for product sales on the Enos forums.

On 8/21/2018 at 10:43 AM, Flatland Shooter said:

Another version.  They are friction fit so can be taken down to almost nothing.  Made these to replace my metal stands.  Less than 25% the weight.  The 1-1/2" connectors available on Amazon.

TARGET STAND.JPG

The wood stakes got in easy or did you have to cut them to fit. 1x2 correct

20 minutes ago, Dirtchevy841 said:

The wood stakes got in easy or did you have to cut them to fit. 1x2 correct

The 1" x 2" (actual dimensions are 3/4" x 1-1/2") slip right in.  No trimming needed.

FYI,  Cut six 12" pieces and one 16" piece of 1-1/2" PVC and you are done.

Edited by Flatland Shooter

PVC stands are okay, cheap to make and replace but you will shoot them too pieces.  Just make some put of scrap wood (for base use 2x4) and 1/2 x 1 vertical posts.  Easy to assemble/disassemble and easy to move.  Takes a beating before you have to replace.  Cheap!!!!!. Drill holes and use 6" stakes if you wish. Had mine for over a year and they have been shot to hell and still work.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2018 at 7:53 PM, mauk517 said:

they are great but not for windy days

Agreed.  I built some out of 1-1/2” square tubing.  They don’t move on a windy day but they aren’t the best for portability either lol.

On 8/21/2018 at 11:43 AM, Flatland Shooter said:

Another version.  They are friction fit so can be taken down to almost nothing.  Made these to replace my metal stands.  Less than 25% the weight.  The 1-1/2" connectors available on Amazon.

TARGET STAND.JPG

This is what I do as well. I found some plans online the year I started shooting. I didn't glue mine so I can take them apart and put them in a box. The wood is cheap. I use clamps to hold the targets on so I don't have a bunch of staples in there. Simple and cheap