Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CMC launches new 9mm PCC trigger

On 8/20/2018 at 12:08 PM, stick said:

It looks almost like a re-brand of their AR trigger.  I didn't see anything that lead me to believe it's an entirely new model.

Yes it’s modeled after their 3.5 lb straight drop in trigger.  This PCC trigger is also 3.5 lb with a slightly longer hammer if I remember correctly.  Awesome trigger for the money.  Chris Wiesemann did some testing and evaluation with no issues on this before CMC put it on the market. 

Edited by jackson923
3 hours ago, jackson923 said:

Yes it’s modeled after their 3.5 lb straight drop in trigger.  This PCC trigger is also 3.5 lb with a slightly longer hammer if I remember correctly.  Awesome trigger for the money.  Chris Wiesemann did some testing and evaluation with no issues on this before CMC put it on the market. 

Thank you for the update

• 4 months later...
On 8/30/2018 at 5:59 PM, PacMan said:

Only if someone would make one for my Scorpion at that price :(

Are there any good 4lb or lower trigger options out for the Scorpion yet.  This is the only thing that keeps me from getting one.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2019 at 6:52 AM, tk4 said:

Are there any good 4lb or lower trigger options out for the Scorpion yet.  This is the only thing that keeps me from getting one.

The only game in town that I know of is CZ Custom, but don't have any experiences with it so can't say if it is worth the $.  Not sure if such is even in production anymore from CZ Custom.

Edited by PacMan
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I talked  to the owner of CMC and he made me a 2.5 pound, straight trigger for my PCC and it is AWESOME! No reset issues and have not had any kind of failure of the rifle in over 700 rounds of all KINDS of ammo.  I have a 3.5 lb CMC in my other PCC and it has been exactly the same-no reset issues, works every time I pull the trigger.  The 3.5 lb trigger is in a left hand Stag and the 2.5 lb trigger is in a gun I built myself using an inexpensive ABC upper and bolt and a FM9 lower.  Couldn't be happier with CMC.

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/2/2019 at 6:29 AM, Startingover said:

I am looking for an update on the CMC trigger now that it's been out a while.

What do you think?

I need to buy another trigger to finish my other gun, and I am happy with my Elftmann, but there is $80ish difference in price,and I can use that money for a charging handle.

Update

I now have the CMC in both guns, and the Elftmann is out.

I've been running the CMC 9mm trigger in my build for about 200-250 rds. I just checked the pull with my RCBS gage @ 3.25 lbs. Over travel is near nothing with a short but tactical reset. So far I'm not seeing any unusual wear from using this trigger. I'm holding the trigger group in with KNS non rotating pins. 

On 8/20/2018 at 10:08 AM, stick said:

It looks almost like a re-brand of their AR trigger.  I didn't see anything that lead me to believe it's an entirely new model.

The basic difference is in the width of the hammer, everything else appears to be the same. I just ordered one from Primary Arms for a 9mm build.

On June 24, 2020 at 3:35 PM, caspian guy said:

Put one in a pcc that wouldn't work with other triggers I had tried. Has worked perfectly for several thousand rounds so far.

On June 25, 2020 at 8:29 AM, OPENB said:

I have one in my SBR lower that splits time between 9mm and 223, and works great with both calibers. Great trigger for the price.

Glad to know that y'all's are working good. Mine just arrived this morning, I installed it and it feels really good! I am anxious to get to the range and really try it out. 

Hurley