Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CMC launches new 9mm PCC trigger

One of my buddies decided to be beta tester and bought one

and I gotta say it’s nice, the break is pretty Crisp, not a fine 1911 style glass rod breaking crisp, but better than my hyperfire 

if it survives his abuse, I’m getting one, obtw this guy can break an anvil 

1 minute ago, rishii said:

and I gotta say it’s nice, the break is pretty Crisp, not a fine 1911 style glass rod breaking crisp, but better than my hyperfire 

How much did he pay?

On 8/20/2018 at 1:35 PM, rishii said:

Better than a Hyperfire 24C?

I would say “Yes, it feels better” than the Hiperfire. He too said he could feel the difference plus he was breaking firing pins while using the Hiperfire. The CMC feels crisp compared to the mushy feel of the Hiperfire. 

I am trying the TriggerTech trigger and will see if it survives in a PCC. So far so good but only fired a hundred rounds of factory ammo. 

He ran a 24c for a while, I ran a 24e, the new cmc feels nicer

we both ended up yanking our hyperfire triggers out and replacing them, the hyperfire was a huge improvement over a stock A2, but it felt mushy, almost like a glock trigger with a short reset

I ordered the CMC AR9 trigger from Primary Arms after seeing this thread and received it in about 2 days. I also ordered the Elftmann AR9 trigger at about the same time from a different site and have both now. I bought them both because I was having trigger reset issues with my JP bolt + AR Gold (supposed to be the AR10 version, but I'm not 100% sure it is) combo. I have the flat variant of all 3.

I ended up solving my AR Gold trigger issues by swapping to the Taccom Extreme bolt, but tried both the Elftmann and CMC out, and they are both nice, IMO. I think the AR Gold is my favorite, but they all have pros and cons. Out of the box the AR Gold felt the lightest, the CMC second, and the Elftmann just a hair heavier than the CMC. First thoughts on both the CMC & Elftmann: They are wider, and this extra width is more comfortable than the thin trigger on the AR Gold. The CMC isn't adjustable, and the Elftmann can be set to be somewhere a little lighter than the CMC, but not as light as the AR Gold. 

Although all 3 are "flat" triggers, they're each a bit different. The AR Gold is thin and has an angled lip on the end to help find the edge. The CMC is wider (didn't think much about this before trying it, but find it more comfortable) and also has a lip. However, the lip goes straight out and is more prominent. It's almost like a finger stop. The Elftmann is even wider than the CMC, but has no lip. It's straight down. However, it has grip lines machined in all across where your finger rests, and it's just as easy to consistently place your finger at the end of the trigger and get the most leverage as it is on the other two with the lips.

As for resets, the AR Gold is much shorter and quieter. Both the CMC and Elftmann have longer resets that are much more tactile & audible. The Elftmann is the loudest, but the CMC is close to it. I could use all 3, but I like the shorter reset of the AR Gold.

I'm going to keep using the AR Gold + Taccom Extreme combo in this gun, because it works, and I like the AR Gold just a little bit more than the others, I think, but going to build a second gun with the JP bolt & either the CMC or Elftmann, while keeping the other as a backup.

All 3 are good. Each has pros and cons. The CMC is probably the best value, considering it was only $170. It's not adjustable, but it's nice and felt closer to 3.0-3.25 pounds than 3.5 pounds to me. It also appears to be the simplest design. Nothing to mess with. The Elftmann requires using set screws to push it down & lock it in place for it to function properly when adjusting its pull weight. The AR Gold needs something like the Taccom bolt to avoid reset issues (at least for me... QC10 upper/lower).

Edited by avastcosmicarena
22 hours ago, rishii said:

He ran a 24c for a while, I ran a 24e, the new cmc feels nicer

we both ended up yanking our hyperfire triggers out and replacing them, the hyperfire was a huge improvement over a stock A2, but it felt mushy, almost like a glock trigger with a short reset

That's weird. My 24C is so crisp, practically like a 1911 trigger.

6 hours ago, Garmil said:

Cmc break doesn't feel as crisp as the hyperfire or some others. Currently running the POF flat which I think feels better and is cheaper than the others.

I have a POF Flat trigger that breaks at 3.25 lbs which works great.

I ordered a new 2018 Hyperfire Competition trigger (old 24C) coming in next week and have high expectations for it.

Kind of worried hearing that the new CMC and POF Flat is better then it!

Edited by JZELEK
1 hour ago, JZELEK said:

I have a POF Flat trigger that breaks at 3.25 lbs which works great.

I ordered a new 2018 Hyperfire Competition trigger (old 24C) coming in next week and have high expectations for it.

Kind of worried hearing that the new CMC and POF Flat is better then it!

Believe me. They aren't.

Place the shoe on the very bottom of the trigger and you'll never look back. ?

On 8/20/2018 at 7:35 AM, rishii said:

Ha!  Just because I've broken two STI and one Wilson ambi safeties, and a grip safety in my Limited pistols...

So far so good with the CMC 9mm trigger.   Paid $170 at Primary Arms.   It has held up after about 700 rounds, and I also used the KNS Gen 2 anti walk pins with it right from the start.  My only minor quibble is that when trying to go fast it's easy to not let the trigger reset all the way.  I wish that the reset was a little more positive.  Releasing the trigger lets it reset and you can continue blasting.  I also noticed that my firing pin retaining pin was bent all to hell after putting in the CMC unit, don't know if the trigger had anything to do with it.  I don't recall the pin being damaged with the 24c that was in the gun prior.  Replaced the pin with a KNS solid pin and all is well. 

I ran a Hiperfire 24c in the gun for a while.  No issues at all with the trigger resetting, but it kinda felt like a trigger in a striker fired pistol and most definitely not 1911 like so I decided to try the CMC.  Reset was short though.  Overall, a good reliable trigger for PCC which I'd consider again simply for the fact that I know it works.

Regarding breaking firing pins, I think no matter what trigger you put in the gun, the AR9 will break firing pins no matter what.  I look at firing pins as a consumable part.  I broke firing pins in CMMG and Faxon bolts with a JP trigger, Hiperfire, and now the CMC.  Currently using a Wilson Combat Hardcore firing pin so crossing my fingers that it holds up.

Edited by blaster113
comparison

I picked up the CMC 9mm trigger a while back from Primary Arms, and like a few others swamped out a 24C for it. I really like the CMC and mine breaks at around 2.5lbs, the reset is a bit longer than the 24C, but I prefer that. I like it so much I actually bought the CMC 3gun comp trigger for my AR.

40 minutes ago, mveto said:

I picked up the CMC 9mm trigger a while back from Primary Arms, and like a few others swamped out a 24C for it. I really like the CMC and mine breaks at around 2.5lbs, the reset is a bit longer than the 24C, but I prefer that. I like it so much I actually bought the CMC 3gun comp trigger for my AR.

I wish mine was 2.5! They advertise 3.5...

21 minutes ago, avastcosmicarena said:

I wish mine was 2.5! They advertise 3.5...

Yeah I got lucky, the advertised 3.5lbs was my only concern when I bought the trigger. Glad it came in at 2.5lbs but I would have been okay with 3.5.