Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Make sure you have the right caliber in your magazines

chevrofreak

Shooting a stage today with my CK 9mm Open gun I had a dead trigger, so I go to rack the slide and it won't budge. I see that the gun is not fully in battery, so I jam the slide racker into a wall and shove the gun forward to eject the round.  The next round chambered fine, so I knew I didn't rip a bullet out in the barrel and I fired the last few rounds to complete the stage.  I went back to where the malfunction happened and the only live cartridge on the ground is a 38 supercomp.  I have no idea how this ended up in my magazine!  Maybe someone put it in when they picked up a mag on a previous stage thinking it was my cartridge?   Maybe that one round I dropped onto the ground when loading my mag before the stage landed next to a 38 supercomp and I picked up the wrong one?  Those are the only two ways I can think of for this happening, as I case gauged all of my ammo last night!

I did the exact same things several years ago at an area match - with my left hand tied to a cable for that part of the stage. After I looked at the round and damn they sure look a lot alike. Cured me of picking up random ammo off the ground or even my own if I don't see it hit the ground specifically