Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Case-Pro 100 New case transfer mechanism

I too have the older one that I added a case feeder and auto drive. I bought the channel clamp because MIke said it was an upgrade designed for automation. Works well. I didn't have issues prior to the upgrade, but it reinforces the unit and beats breaking the unit.

On 8/19/2018 at 10:25 PM, armydad said:

I too have the older one that I added a case feeder and auto drive. I bought the channel clamp because MIke said it was an upgrade designed for automation. Works well. I didn't have issues prior to the upgrade, but it reinforces the unit and beats breaking the unit.

Great thanks for the info... I'll get one ordered this week.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I have been really curious... Is it worth getting a Case Pro?

I am fully aware that it removes bulging and brings the brass back to specs.

I just wonder if the cost is worth it over let's say an undersize die and a full crimp die. This combination should get rid of a lot of bulging in cases, allowing them to fit the case gauge.

Don't get me wrong, I have seen a few videos and have been tempted, but not sure I can justify (at least for the time being).

9 hours ago, LowBoost said:

...I just wonder if the cost is worth it over let's say an undersize die and a full crimp die. This combination should get rid of a lot of bulging in cases, allowing them to fit the case gauge....

The undersize die will not get rid of bulges any more than a regular sizing die as the die can not go all the way to the bottom of the case. I fully roll size cases to make it easier for my automatic reloader to function. It also cuts down on case gauge fails.

For me, break even point of getting an automated roll sizer vs buying roll sized brass is 82K pieces of brass (half that for a manual one). So, at most a couple of years maybe.

I agree with you that an undersize die does nothing to get rid of bulges, however, in addition to a full crimp die it did help me.

I had 500+ bullets I was waiting to pull when I decided to add a U-Die and the Lee FCD.

It helped to remove "some"bulging and I was able to get almost all of them (except ~20) to pass the case gauge.

This is what led me to my initial question. There is no doubt the CasePro is the proper way of achieving the desired results AND most importantly it will FIX and bring back the cases to spec, which no die will do. I will keep a CP100 in my wishlist and hope to own one someday. Just like you, it will be a few years before breaking even. LOL

Edited by LowBoost

12 hours ago, LowBoost said:

I had 500+ bullets I was waiting to pull when I decided to add a U-Die and the Lee FCD.

Use the Lee FCD and buy a LEE bulge buster kit to replicate what a rollsizer will do for you.  Once you get tired of that, you'll justify a rollsizer. :)

Edited by armedmoose

16 hours ago, armedmoose said:

Use the Lee FCD and buy a LEE bulge buster kit to replicate what a rollsizer will do for you.  Once you get tired of that, you'll justify a rollsizer. :)

That is not true.

The Case Pro 100 will roll size the case all the way to the bottom and recondition the rim.