Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is LRBO a must for PCC?

Both my carbines are capable but with experiments with buffer spacers and wave springs, the bolt travel distance will not allow a BHO I use side chargers so unloading and flagging is a bit less of a juggling act than a traditional charging handle.

Mine does not lock back at all and it has not been an issue.  For unloaded starts I use a 31rd mag with Mega extension and download from 57 to like 50 rounds. It would be nice for ULSC but not needed.  

Edit.  I just took the delrin pad off the back of the spring and I can lock the bolt back manually.

Edited by 3gunnuts

No. You aught to have more rounds than the stage requires in your mag, most stages are 32rnds or less. Shouldn't be running dry. If you do run dry, stage isnt going well for you and you won't be competitive. LRBH isnt buying you anything. If the stage had a mandatory reload, you aught to already have a round chambered.

LRBH is a nice to have, it won't buy you anything in competition (USPSA), if you are using it during a stage, you won't be winning.

1 hour ago, MikieM said:

Like all the rest, no. I removed it from my QC10 to save some weight.

I think I gained a quarter of an ounce. :lol:

I removed mine as well after it came loose and locked up the bolt on me. 

10 hours ago, ChuckS said:

Both my carbines are capable but with experiments with buffer spacers and wave springs, the bolt travel distance will not allow a BHO I use side chargers so unloading and flagging is a bit less of a juggling act than a traditional charging handle.

I just put a Taccom3 buffer system in this week, first match with it tomorrow. In a bit of practice this week I love it ! Tried it with the bcg weight in and out and out is definitely the ticket.

????????? The bolt goes back really easy until it doesn't, then it gets really difficult. Because I have a regular charge handle, what do most shooters with this issue do for flagging? I am thinking ask the RO to be the third hand ? Old buffer system was lock the bolt back and flag it, still very doable but much more effort needed. More effort could lead to lack of focus on safety, which could lead to an early day !

18 minutes ago, SJMPCC022 said:

I just put a Taccom3 buffer system in this week, first match with it tomorrow. In a bit of practice this week I love it ! Tried it with the bcg weight in and out and out is definitely the ticket.

????????? The bolt goes back really easy until it doesn't, then it gets really difficult. Because I have a regular charge handle, what do most shooters with this issue do for flagging? I am thinking ask the RO to be the third hand ? Old buffer system was lock the bolt back and flag it, still very doable but much more effort needed. More effort could lead to lack of focus on safety, which could lead to an early day !

My CK with stage 3 will lock but you have to pull on the handle like you mean it.

On a side note as an RO I will hold a flag but I will not be a third hand. I.e. I will not put the flag in your gun. It’s the shooters responsibility to clear and flag. I can see it now, “shooter you are DQ’ed because you have no flag in your rifle”. Shooter says,”RO put it in there so it’s not my fault”.?

24 minutes ago, SJMPCC022 said:

I brace against my body and yank the CH back. Either lock the bolt or stick in the flag.

10 minutes ago, Sarge said:

My CK with stage 3 will lock but you have to pull on the handle like you mean it.

Yep, mine too.

11 minutes ago, Sarge said:

On a side note as an RO I will hold a flag but I will not be a third hand.

That's all I ask. Some RO's will hold the flag and put it in the gun for you. My opinion, that is the better way to go. It keeps the RO more in control of the situation and keeps the squad moving along quicker. A new shooter unfamiliar with the AR platform may fumble around trying to put a chamber flag in his gun, which could be unsafe and take a bunch of time on a hot day !