Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Do you think it would sell?

Years ago I had an idea for a training pistol specifically designed to improve trigger control. It is based on the idea that if you can keep your sights aligned on target through the worst trigger pull in the world, a good trigger would be a piece of cake. I confirmed the basic premise by using a Daisy Co2 1911 for dry fire practice for two weeks. Keeping the sights aligned through a 1/2 inch 8 lb gritty trigger wasn't easy but I improved significantly with it and in doing so I was infinitely better with my real 1911.

So I was thinking about this again today and figured that a simple plastic gun with a heavy trigger spring pushing something akin to a pair of fingernail files against each other could be done fairly cheap and would serve the purpose. But would I really have a market for it? Would anyone buy it?

Any thoughts?

I'm guessing anyone who wanted that could just buy an airsoft pistol that was pretty similar to whatever gun they normally shoot.  I've only ever shot a Caspian 1911 airsoft but it felt basically like a lightweight version of a real 1911.

48 minutes ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

I'd just post it in the Classifieds and see …   :) 

Jack, are you trying to start trouble again? 

From the classifieds forum rules...

You cannot sell anything you make or build. Sure, you can buy a gun, modify it a bit, and then sell it at some point. If you do that more than once or twice, or you're a gunsmith, that’s not acceptable. In the same vein, if you appear to have an endless supply of specific items, such as magazines, brass, bullets, etc., selling those items in the Classifieds Forum is not acceptable. If that sounds like you, please be fair to our dealers and contact me for Forum Dealer info.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...