Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rolling 1911s into Production.

p7fl

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SS is pretty dead because so few people want to compete with one.  It's sentimentality that says" We need to do something about this!".  People vote with their feet, or in this case, their choice of pistol to bring to a match.  It's not like everyone is thinking "I'd love to shoot SS, if only more people thought like I do".  So, let the numbers dwindle or grow as people choose.  I do however think it would be neat to have a Production major option, limited to 8 rounds, so that truly any gun could be shot in production. I don't see how that would hurt the division, except that classifiers might favor major PF.   

18 hours ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

1.  OPEN

2.  LIMITED

3.  PRODUCTION

Only   3️⃣  divisions needed.    ?

In my book very close to perfect. I would rather see 4 Divisions plus continuation of PCC (in which I have no interest). Open---Limited Major--Limited Minor---Production. At the rate we are going there will soon be as many Divisions as Steel Challenge.  Limited 10 has no use whatsoever. SS easily fits into the 2 Limited Divisions. 

Edited by Brooke

20 hours ago, B_RAD said:

I personally don't see a problem with the current divisions. 

Not sure why you think there only need to be 3? 

Shoot then one you like. Don't shoot the ones you don't.  Don't sweat what others want to do. 

You guys think HQ will make the changes you want the way you want them without jacking them up? They won't!  It'll be so jacked up! We'll end up with revolver 10 optics as the only division. 

Absolutely this.

I keep saying it over and over again. Open Major. Open minor. Limited major. Limited 10 minor. Only 4 divisions needed.
You're gonna piss off the 3 people who shoot revolver

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

In my book very close to perfect. I would rather see 4 Divisions plus continuation of PCC (in which I have no interest). Open---Limited Major--Limited Minor---Production. At the rate we are going there will soon be as many Divisions as Steel Challenge.  Limited 10 has no use whatsoever. SS easily fits into the 2 Limited Divisions. 

L10 has a use in the commie states

8 round SS mags easily fit into a division dominated by 2011s with 20-22 round mags?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

On 8/16/2018 at 6:47 AM, Racinready300ex said:

Do production guys get magwells? Or do SS guys loose theirs? 8 round major for both? Which holster rule do we go by? Which weight rule do we use?

i would say ss keeps them and production gets to keep the internal magwells they already have. i have shot both extensively, and it seems fair to me. SS mag with magwell is about the same as double-stack mag with no magwell.

I shoot exactly the same scores in ss minor vs production, so it makes sense to me.... but it will definitely put sand in the vajayjays of lots of people, lol.

It's amazing how many companies are coming out with 1911s that they didn't offer in the past.  Guess they just didn't hear that 1911s are "dead".

I agree that the division in USPSA isn't large anymore, but USPSA is a very minor portion of the shooting population.

IMO, USPSA has evolved (devolved) into maximum round count stages. Couple that with the fact that it is easier to not reload during the stage than reload. 

If single stack dies it will be partially because of USPSA poor marketing to the numerous makers of 1911's.

To repeat myself, I don't know why it matters if 1 or 100 shoot a particular division. Perhaps someone will explain that to me.

17 minutes ago, Gary Stevens said:

To repeat myself, I don't know why it matters if 1 or 100 shoot a particular division. Perhaps someone will explain that to me.

it matters to me because I want to challenge myself and learn from better shooters. I prefer SS, but I have mostly switched to limited because there is more heat, and I can learn more from watching and comparing against other limited shooters.

It is a competitive sport after all. competing in a pool of 1 or 2 is not really 'competing'.

It would be helpful to me if practiscore had a feature where I could select which divisions I wanted to look at. Then I would remove PCC from the view before looking at overall, and then I could combine SS and prod, just for my own uses. I don't really care if the divisions were combined for actual purposes and awards and all that crap, but it would be convenient for me to look at the results *as if* they were combined, because most big matches have pretty significant heat in production.

Edited by motosapiens

20 minutes ago, motosapiens said:

it matters to me because I want to challenge myself and learn from better shooters. I prefer SS, but I have mostly switched to limited because there is more heat, and I can learn more from watching and comparing against other limited shooters.

It is a competitive sport after all. competing in a pool of 1 or 2 is not really 'competing'.

It would be helpful to me if practiscore had a feature where I could select which divisions I wanted to look at. Then I would remove PCC from the view before looking at overall, and then I could combine SS and prod, just for my own uses. I don't really care if the divisions were combined for actual purposes and awards and all that crap, but it would be convenient for me to look at the results *as if* they were combined, because most big matches have pretty significant heat in production.

You don't want to shoot SS, great. Is it a problem to you if someone else does? Does it require a restructuring of divisions?

4 minutes ago, Gary Stevens said:

You don't want to shoot SS, great. Is it a problem to you if someone else does? Does it require a restructuring of divisions?

I think he wants to shoot single stack, he just don't want to be the only person in his division. So he would be happy to shoot against the production guys, just to have someone to compete against.  Unless i am completely misreading what he is saying

38 minutes ago, motosapiens said:

PractiScore app does that, you can combine selected divisions and compare those divisions only. 

1 hour ago, motosapiens said:

The Practiscore Competitor App allows you to do as you wish... ?

2 hours ago, HoMiE said:

PractiScore app does that, you can combine selected divisions and compare those divisions only. 

did not realize the app did that. I've only been looking at scores on the web. thanks to you and chuck for the tip.

2 hours ago, Gary Stevens said:

No, I WANT to shoot SS. And I want other people to shoot SS. Especially people that don't suck. But outside of major SS-only matches.... they don't.

And after years of shooting both production and SS I have concluded that they are on an entirely level playing field. but whatever. it sounds like I can get the info I need, I just didn't know it. All is well.

47 minutes ago, motosapiens said:

did not realize the app did that. I've only been looking at scores on the web. thanks to you and chuck for the tip.

You need the paid Practiscore Competitor app.

Totally worth it though.