Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC not cycling correctly on first shot or two

Looking for some help here. New the PCC and have noticed that if I don't cycle the bolt a few times prior to the buzzer going off, the bolt doesn't seem to fully cycle on the first round or two leading to a jam where I have to drop the mag, clear, and reload. I am using the JP bolt, and their silent captured spring. If I charge the bolt a few times (when I remember) don't seem to have this issue. I have noticed it with a couple different mags (Glock factory) and have cleaned them out so don't think that is the issue.

Any thoughts on the cause and how to correct?

Best way I can describe it is almost doesn't have enough power/recoil on the bolt or something is holding it up not allowing the bolt to push the next round into the chamber. The bolt is held back behind the round as I can clearly look into the chamber to see what is going on. 

I would check that your ejector is property mated to the bolt. If it's hanging or rubbing too much you may need to bend it a bit.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Agreed check that first, what lower are you running? I had mating issues with my QC10 lower and a FM upper. I had to modify my extractor a bit to get it to ride properly.

Sent from my BTV-W09 using Tapatalk

I had a lower with an out-of-spec hammer pin location. Was forcing the hammer to ride too high.  Hammer was putting too much pressure on the bottom of the BCG and slowed it enough to cause FTFeeds, but it's likely an ejector issue. Remember, you're no longer in 'mil-spec' country anymore if you've got a Franken-AR. 

Edited by Acer2428