Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

"Indexing" your shooting belt

My inner belt overlaps in the front. That is just the easiest for me, whatever I do with the outer. I've been shooting Divisions with gear "behind the hip", so overlapping the outer in front comes naturally. I'll set up for Revolver for the winter, and will try overlapping at the back for that.

Lots of good advice about where and how to adjust the inner/outer belt.  My only recommendation would be to keep everything the same no matter the gun or division.  I only wish I could follow my own advice...

I had never really felt the need for a belt keeper until a friend of mine (right handed shooter, shoots limited and has outer belt set up to close in the back, right side over left) had an incident.

He was stepping forward out of a shooting area, sliding left and then stepping back into a shooting area. There was a wall that was being stepped around. His intention was to take a step forward, take a step to the left, take a step back into the shooting area, then shoot. As he side-stepped to the left the tip of his outer belt (at his back) caught on the wall and came almost half-way unhooked from the inner such that his holster was swinging in the breeze. Needless to say this was not his best stage of the day.

I thought keepers were dumb until I saw a friends 3gun stage where his belt did the same while shooting a long gun. His loaded 2011 was swinging around his ankles. After that I decided it wouldn’t hurt me to spend an extra second putting on my belt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Open shooter and the holster aligns on the hip and first pouch over zipper. Inner belt should be tight (or you will be tugging on your pants all day). Overlap in the back and the small Double Alpha strap to capture the inner and outer belt at the back. Hard has h*ll to get that little sucker on.