Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Witness Limited Custom(the blue one) vs Limited?

hondakilla98

I have a Witness Elite Match 9mm that I bought from KneelingAtlas a few years ago. I love it and have been thinking about upgrading to a limited ever since. That gun is so smooth and the crisp 2lb SA trigger is awesome. I finally have the extra cash and I see a new gun in the catalog called the Witness limited Custom(the blue tanfo). Their inconsistency with names across different markets makes searching for info difficult. 

I will be using this as a range toy and have no plans for formal competition. I'll want it in 9mm, and will use my 22lr upper on it as well. Are they all blue? Because it looks black or dark grey in the catalog photo. Is it worth the $100 difference over the Limited? Besides the lightened slide, larger magwell, and color am I missing any other differences? How many mags do they come with? Any other guns I should consider under $1250?

witness limited custom.PNG

• 2 weeks later...

Surprised you haven't gotten an answer.

Short answer is no difference.  Only changes are finish, slide milling & cocking serrations.  Well they have a slightly different grip panel.  Overall it's the same gun. Some love the new finish, others hate it. In "real life" photos, it is much more of a teal/aqua/turquoise kind of color.

When I get a Limited 40, I'll try like hell to find the new Custom. It's available in 9mm but 40's are not out there, from what I can see.

2 hours ago, SCTaylor said:

urprised you haven't gotten an answer.

Short answer is no difference.  Only changes are finish, slide milling & cocking serrations.  Well they have a slightly different grip panel.  Overall it's the same gun. Some love the new finish, others hate it. In "real life" photos, it is much more of a teal/aqua/turquoise kind of color.

When I get a Limited 40, I'll try like hell to find the new Custom. It's available in 9mm but 40's are not out there, from what I can see.

Stoeger shoots one in .40

If he has one then it should be easy to get your hands on one right? :)

My guess is they're still new enough that unless you've got in stock alerts set for a bunch of different websites it could be a few months yet before we can get our hands on one.  It does look pretty awesome.  I would love to have one as well especially since I already shoot .40

I had both. Grip on new LC is better. Slide cuts nice. New coating sucks. If you want I can show you pictures of wear after roughly 12.000 rounds... I don't care that much btw. It's a tool.

From price point of view older model wins.

New model in blue is a smurf gun (you have to be Italian to appreciate) but who cares... Black is nice though!

I like the platform even though QC sucks. I have a RHT holster and my gun doesn't fit well, whilst my buddy's gun (serial number 1 higher) fits perfectly.... Can you imagine?

Nevertheless, buy with confidence but do see a gunsmith to make trigger right. I have one with 1,3 kilo trigger pull and one tuned bu Sebastien (Eric Grauffel's gun smith) with under 900 grams and amazing...

IMG_5159 2.JPG

1 hour ago, Fasthenk65 said:

I had both. Grip on new LC is better. Slide cuts nice. New coating sucks. If you want I can show you pictures of wear after roughly 12.000 rounds... I don't care that much btw. It's a tool.

From price point of view older model wins.

New model in blue is a smurf gun (you have to be Italian to appreciate) but who cares... Black is nice though!

I like the platform even though QC sucks. I have a RHT holster and my gun doesn't fit well, whilst my buddy's gun (serial number 1 higher) fits perfectly.... Can you imagine?

Nevertheless, buy with confidence but do see a gunsmith to make trigger right. I have one with 1,3 kilo trigger pull and one tuned bu Sebastien (Eric Grauffel's gun smith) with under 900 grams and amazing...

IMG_5159 2.JPG

What exactly is the blue coating? Some kind of paint? I'm guessing Tanfoglios version of cerakote but was not sure. I have 2 older hard chrome limited. Not sure you can get a better finish. It wears great. 

20 minutes ago, pfcchambers said:

What exactly is the blue coating? Some kind of paint? I'm guessing Tanfoglios version of cerakote but was not sure. I have 2 older hard chrome limited. Not sure you can get a better finish. It wears great. 

it's listed as a ceramic coating. 

I do like chrome over the color coatings.

On 9/3/2018 at 3:59 AM, MemphisMechanic said:

Have it blasted and NP3’d. It’ll only run ya like $450.

If you shoot Tanfos you’re obviously made of money... or you’d be running a G35.

if u shoot 2011 you are made of gold.?