Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The best PCC I could come up with

4 hours ago, Flatland Shooter said:

Some more nice work.  If I may ask, what tools were used to open up the magwell?

Different grades of abrasive paper wrapped around a file, the file, and a lot of Flitz .

That particular lower had quite a bit of flare as purchased.

If it would not have, a milling machine and a few different endmills would have been in order.

Did you or the customer fire the rifle yet? I am interested in the effectiveness of the mid brake as well as the tendency to put your hand close to that port. 

EDIT: missed the info further up. Thanks!

Edited by scffacenter1
Missed the information previously posted in this thread.
23 hours ago, blueoval16 said:

If your an experienced shooter with consistent grip the port is far enough back that it doesn't pose enough of a danger for it not to be there. It really does a good job of keeping things flat. Transitions and weak hand shooting its never posed a problem either.  With that being said, I wouldn't hand it off to a new shooter without telling them about the finger tip removal device this PCC has! ;)  I've been told its been affectionately named the  the cho cho train by other shooters, the way the gas ports out the top....And no its doesn't interfere with the optic.

I was thinking that there could be situations with awkward shooting positions that tempt people to grip the carbine closer to the magazine.

I wanted to thank you for a great idea! I saw the pic of the beautiful gun you built and it got me to thinking, I have the same lower on my gun as you used and it forced me to look closely at the magwell.

@SJMPCC022 Nice work, glad to be of assistance! I used a rotary tool with a sanding/contouring drum then a small polishing wheel. These recievers have plenty of meat on them to take advantage of. The customer has been happy with it. Glad you are too!

I know you built that gun for someone else but how do you like the C More railway ?

I was thinking about upgrading my optic( Bushnell TR25) this winter and the C More was one option, the other being the new solar Holosun. The C More Railway has been around on open guns for 20 years. I was wondering about the height, it looks like there is no added riser ? I like this as I prefer to have my cheek pretty tight to the stock. I started with my dot mounted direct to the rail, it was fine but I think a little too much head down. It was hard to see the whole field. I added a .500 riser and all is well.

I see a few guys with a super high riser, or the dot comes that way( Sig Romeo) and it is a total heads up deal. I am not comfortable with that, it appears the C More would fit the bill just fine?

23 minutes ago, SJMPCC022 said:

I know you built that gun for someone else but how do you like the C More railway ?

I was thinking about upgrading my optic( Bushnell TR25) this winter and the C More was one option, the other being the new solar Holosun. The C More Railway has been around on open guns for 20 years. I was wondering about the height, it looks like there is no added riser ? I like this as I prefer to have my cheek pretty tight to the stock. I started with my dot mounted direct to the rail, it was fine but I think a little too much head down. It was hard to see the whole field. I added a .500 riser and all is well.

I see a few guys with a super high riser, or the dot comes that way( Sig Romeo) and it is a total heads up deal. I am not comfortable with that, it appears the C More would fit the bill just fine?

I'm like you, I like a tight check weld and didn't want to use a riser. The C-more for an AR platform competition gun (as old as it is) is the way to go. It also gives the best field of view, the correct height with no risers and swapable modules down the road if you ever want to change MOA. I run a Vortex Razor on my personal PCC and love it but for that particular platform (CZ Scorpion). I've had a Bushnell TR25 in the past and its a great value but not nearly the field of view the C-More has, Same goes for the SIg. With that being said I have the Romeo 5 and its a quality optic. I don't have any experience with Holosun but hear great things. I'll be picking up a HE510c for my 300 blackout range toy. Hope that helps.

4 minutes ago, blueoval16 said:

I'm like you, I like a tight check weld and didn't want to use a riser. The C-more for an AR platform competition gun (as old as it is) is the way to go. It also gives the best field of view, the correct height with no risers and swapable modules down the road if you ever want to change MOA. I run a Vortex Razor on my personal PCC and love it but for that particular platform (CZ Scorpion). I've had a Bushnell TR25 in the past and its a great value but not nearly the field of view the C-More has, Same goes for the SIg. With that being said I have the Romeo 5 and its a quality optic. I don't have any experience with Holosun but hear great things. I'll be picking up a HE510c for my 300 blackout range toy. Hope that helps.

It sure does !

I totally agree on the value aspect of the Bushnell TR 25, it is a great optic for the money, although like you said a bit limiting on the field of view.

One thing I have noticed in the last few matches, and also today trying my new bad ass buffer system was when the sun is at the right angle behind, the tube has red in a few different spots. I even had to take my head off the stock last Sunday to re focus on a target because I lost the dot. I'm sure this is common but brand new to me, this PCC contraption is the first thing I have ever shot for score with a dot.

When we first started out in USPSA we shot our SS 1911's in Limited !  When L-10 came around there was a collective high five !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

On the other side of the coin, that first SS 1911 was (and still is) a Kimber Custom, from Clackamass OR, purchase price..................................519$ !