Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

which Scabbard for PCC ?

I am looking to buy a scabbard for my Stag 9mm carbine … need one that will accommodate a scope (Holoson 513C mounted on a 1/2" riser)  … need one that holds a carbine stable..  easy access  for competition    .. one question I do have is a scabbard legal for USPSA ? …. any suggestions would be appreciated ...

tia

Edited by cecil

All I can say is don't get the one made by Stoner.

When you put the shoulder strap over your shoulder the whole thing wants to turn upside-down.

Mine went into the trash bin.

They are legal, by-the-way.

Edited by MikieM

Here is the one I use.  I have two, one for Glock, one for Colt, different colors.  Several of my friends have bought them after seeing mine and like them.  Can't go wrong for the price.

My scabbard choice

One thing about carrying, there is a weight imbalance due to the weight distribution and length of our PCCs.  You either have to use the snap strap that is designed to go around the PCC grip or carry muzzle down.  When I use the shoulder strap, I manage the PCC with my hand, as I would any shouldered rifle.  Good habit to have.  One of my friends moved the shoulder strap, but I would never count on this as an absolute to prevent shifting.

Not a fan of the scabbards.  I see more shooters that use scabbards sweep the hand that's holding the scabbard when removing the rifle with the other hand.

I prefer the inexpensive type of zippered case like this one:  Amazon link    The closed cases did much better than the scabbards this weekend when we had rain on both days of a match.

I also saw a PCC fall out of a scabbard once when the shooter's gun cart fell over.

If you prefer the scabbards, just be aware of the increased hand sweep potential when withdrawing the gun.

6 hours ago, BartCarter said:

Here is the one I use.  I have two, one for Glock, one for Colt, different colors.  Several of my friends have bought them after seeing mine and like them.  Can't go wrong for the price.

My scabbard choice

One thing about carrying, there is a weight imbalance due to the weight distribution and length of our PCCs.  You either have to use the snap strap that is designed to go around the PCC grip or carry muzzle down.  When I use the shoulder strap, I manage the PCC with my hand, as I would any shouldered rifle.  Good habit to have.  One of my friends moved the shoulder strap, but I would never count on this as an absolute to prevent shifting.

I use the same one but in the sand color to match my Drago bag. YES, I carry my pcc in a bag in a bag. The main reason is that on some of the ranges I shoot you are required to put your pcc on a staging table or bench and they require that it be in a bag to move it to the table. I have lots of other parts and stuff in my Drago bag and dont like having to move that on and off my cart each time.

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 9:48 AM, Tampa-XD45 said:

Not a fan of the scabbards.  I see more shooters that use scabbards sweep the hand that's holding the scabbard when removing the rifle with the other hand.

I prefer the inexpensive type of zippered case like this one:  Amazon link    The closed cases did much better than the scabbards this weekend when we had rain on both days of a match.

I also saw a PCC fall out of a scabbard once when the shooter's gun cart fell over.

If you prefer the scabbards, just be aware of the increased hand sweep potential when withdrawing the gun.

your point is well taken about sweeping... think I will order a zippered case ....... THANKS  !

On 8/13/2018 at 7:48 AM, Tampa-XD45 said:

...If you prefer the scabbards, just be aware of the increased hand sweep potential when withdrawing the gun.

Well said.  I have seen competitors do this and I have cautioned them about it.  Should not happen if you are muzzle aware.

• 8 months later...

Since I put a Techwell on my QC10 my scabbard won't cover the trigger guard anymore.  

On a related note, if you could design a PCC specific bag what would you want.  I have a design in mind and have found a bag maker willing to make me a prototype.

• 3 months later...
On 5/7/2019 at 11:50 AM, JBBoise said:

Since I put a Techwell on my QC10 my scabbard won't cover the trigger guard anymore.  

On a related note, if you could design a PCC specific bag what would you want.  I have a design in mind and have found a bag maker willing to make me a prototype.

What did you have in mind?

take the safari land double rifle bag. make it a single. make it with tiny wheels on it to be dragged if you wish as well. make a functional, enclosed, golf bag like device for one gun.

i tried fabbing a small wire, foldable grocery cart and a cheap rifle case together. iiiifff someone could do that properly i'd get it.

Edited by rowdyb
On 8/15/2018 at 6:42 AM, cecil said:

your point is well taken about sweeping... think I will order a zippered case ....... THANKS  !

I use a black 35 inch Eagle Industries discreet rifle case that I have had for years, gun storage compartment is just plain and padded no straps to get in the way removing or inserting the rifle. It has large outside pocket with smaller magazine pockets within, but to keep it light as possible I only keep the bare essentials in there during a match such as a small torque limiter tool kit with spare parts, small cleaning and lube kit with rags. This makes is easy should I have to take the gun to the safety area for a tune/adjustment/clean. I pull a collapsible wagon between stages at most outside matches, the case sits in there along with my gun bag that holds everything else along with a small cooler with water and snacks and folding stool.