Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 Carry Optics

Foxbat

3 hours ago, Red_Dot said:

I was able to do it though. I’m at 44.9 oz without a window cut. I did cut the pocket extra deep and I did not utilize the CZC universal plate. I also stripped about a half oz off the DPP.

Plenty of people hog out the recoil spring tunnel. There’s easily 1/4oz there if not more.

Henning grips are lighter than stock grips by 8 grams (.25oz)

If you’re scared of being over weight at a major match, that’s on your conscious. A weight limit is a weight limit. Being 1-2oz lower is only for your comfort level.

So you're using Henning grips and the metal guide rod on your gun and it's 44.9? Mind posting a picture?

I'm not trying to drag you, if you did it I'm genuinely curious as I have the CGW red dot cut without a window and a Romeo 1 (which is one of the lightest you can get) and polymer guide rod and with Henning +4 basepads and standard 53g Lok grips it is 45.3oz.

Edited by Wrecks

3 hours ago, xdnok said:

Which polymer guide rod are you referring to to? SP01 guide rod is too short for an S2

This one: https://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/321841042004_Recoil-Spring-Guide-Shadow

You sometimes have to guide it through the front hole on the slide when you're reassembling but once you get it through and put the slide stop back in it cycles 100% fine.

10 minutes ago, Wrecks said:

So you're using Henning grips and the metal guide rod on your gun and it's 44.9? Mind posting a picture?

Henning grips and mag baseplates, SP01 polymer Guide rod and stripped DPP.

picture is a few posts up in this thread.

Ah, so you had a deeper dot cut and you shaved weight off the sight as well. Props to you, that's a pretty advanced method. Apologies if I came off incredulous.

Maybe the CGW bushing and the cut profile they did on mine left a larger footprint. 

got my slide back from CZC today, it feels considerably lighter than my stock S2 slide.

I don't have an appropriate scale on hand to compare the 2, but I am curious as to how much they lightened it.

got the jpoint/shield mini sight mounted and zero'd in. 

Going to use it tomorrow at a local USPSA practice session and "break in the slide"

I'll post pics up tomorrow of both slides so people who are interested can see what CZC takes off

and where they take it off.

7 hours ago, jeremy kemlo said:

Looks like he removed the extra protective metal on the outside of the sight. This would also make for a better field of view. 

Correct. Shroud, rear plate, all associated unnecessary screws.

nothing internal was removed or modified.

came in at 1.50oz with hardware once complete, including battery.

some pics of mine  stock slide on top  Czc Milled slide underneath

IMG_2511.thumb.JPG.74c8e00ea8c256231e698364a9acb2fe.JPG

IMG_2512_zpssnxerhiw.jpg

IMG_2513_zpsusvfg6ew.jpg

IMG_2514_zpsyq9ankdd.jpg

IMG_2519_zps9crhfzod.jpg

shield sight sits very low easy to co-witness without even trying, with stock front sight

IMG_2517_zpswfrlpdys.jpg

took me about 10 shots to zero in , once I started hitting the same hole, I figured good enough. At 35 feet

IMG_2509_zpsz9o36mba.jpg

Edited by kmanick