Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kinda, sorta, not that bad of a Match...

SCTaylor

Shot my first match since IPSC Nationals this past Saturday.  I've been working on movement a good bit along with aggression in all aspects of my shooting in practice.

Points I actually shot, were okay, 78% Alphas with only 85% points after Penalties.

Stage 1 - 19 Alpha, 4 Charlie

Stage 2 - 20 Alpha, 5 Charlie, 1 Delta

Stage 3 - 17 Alpha, 7 Charlie 

Stage 4 - 18 Alpha, 2 Charlie, 2 Mike, 1 FTE - I completely missed a target, I did not visualize or program into my stage plan. Cost me 5% in the overall & the Production win.

Stage 5 - 17 Alpha, 7 Charlie, 1 NS

Stage 6 - 18 Alpha, 4 Charlie

Stage 7 - 23 Alpha, 3 Charlie

Right off the bat I see several positional errors (stage planning/programming) and standing upright going into position.  Whatchu got?

Edited by SCTaylor

One thing I noticed is that your movement is very jumpy. If you imagine yourself moving in a 2D plane, IMHO your nose should draw a straight line (---------------------) but now your whole body is going up and down ( (/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ or ~~~~~~~~) . When you look at the best shooters out there, they look like they're moving on train tracks, unbelievably solid.

Only thing I would add to the last guy is: you get down into your legs when you move, but as soon as you stop you raise up. Stay down and save time. Takes longer to stop, raise up and then shoot than it does to stop and shoot.