Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
IDAHOAASHOOTER

RIA 40 high cap large hands magwell!?

Good evening!

I have recently purchased a used 40 HC RIA it came with a nice magwell from TF. problem is I have really large hands so when gripping tight it puches the web of my thumb and isn't very comfortable. Does anyone know of a company besides TF that makes mag Wells for the RIA? 

I actually just put it on tonight before work, did some dry fire with it and I like the larger mouth on the TF seems like it's a touch easier to get to quickly. I am going to lighten the slide a bit and when I do I will see if they can step the TF magwell a bit on the mill at the same time. Killer pistol found an awesome load for it. Shot a classifier match with it Sunday and shot well into B class. Just needs a few little things to fit my hands better. 

On 8/14/2018 at 12:53 AM, IDAHOAASHOOTER said:

I actually just put it on tonight before work, did some dry fire with it and I like the larger mouth on the TF seems like it's a touch easier to get to quickly. I am going to lighten the slide a bit and when I do I will see if they can step the TF magwell a bit on the mill at the same time. Killer pistol found an awesome load for it. Shot a classifier match with it Sunday and shot well into B class. Just needs a few little things to fit my hands better. 

Whats the load if you dont mind sharing? Im currently working on the same pistol. Always looking for new things to try. 

I ran Bear Creek 180's on 4.0g of bullseye, or 3.8 of TG. At 1.118-1.125. just various brands of range brass so OAL varied. Stuffed 20 with the TF base pads. Ran like a top 

4 hours ago, IDAHOAASHOOTER said:

I ran Bear Creek 180's on 4.0g of bullseye, or 3.8 of TG. At 1.118-1.125. just various brands of range brass so OAL varied. Stuffed 20 with the TF base pads. Ran like a top 

Thanks!