Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MPX Gen 2 Load Data

Hey folks - I've been running a MPX Gen 2 in PCC for a couple months and I thought I'd share some load data.  The barrel is the stock 16" and I have not modified the gas port - I'll prob end up changing both the barrel and handguard but for now I'm running stock stuff.  This includes the stock recoil springs although I have some lighter ones from In Lead We Trust I may try with my 158 and 165 grain really heavy bullets - these are just going to be silly soft...

After trying a few different bullets and powders, here are my top match loads:

147 Everglades RN Plated

3.2 gn of N320

1.15 OAL

902 fps / 132 PF

Groups 0.75" at 20 yds - runs 100%

147 Everglades RN Plated

3.1 gn of Titegroup

1.15 OAL

936 fps / 137 PF

Groups 0.75" at 20 yds - runs 100%

I recently got some of the 150 gr 9mm SYNTECH bullets to see how good they would be for an off the shelf USPSA minor 9mm load - long story short, they are OK but make sure your gun is good with flat points, and their coating.

150 gn SYNTECH

1002 fps / 150 PF

Groups 1.25" at 20 yds - runs 100%

The SYNTECH are too hot for this PCC but may work well out of some pistols for production/carry optics.

Ive figured out some other things with the MPX that have already been well documents on Enos - but feel free to message me with any follow on questions. 

Tom

Like you, I'm using the 147 grain (either flat point or round nose works) bullet with 3.0 grains of N320 underneath. PF is 130.

Accuracy is excellent, and recoil is a tiny bit milder than the 124s.

I can tell no difference in my split times with either bullet.

But then I'm old.

• 2 weeks later...

I usually run 147gr FP bullets at 1.13 OAL with 4.9 gr of CFE in my MPX. That load has been flawless for me. Checked out at 1,010 fps / 148 PF at the JP match this year.

I am testing a 124 gr FP load at 1.07 OAL with 5.4 gr of CFE. So far it has ran and grouped well. I haven't chrono'd it yet, but its pretty hot.

Edited by James3Gunna