Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

High capacity 9mm magazine

Hammer002

Been shooting open with a recently acquired Tanfoglio Gold Custom.  Have several 20 round magazines that need grams upgrades, but only have one large capacity magazine.  Don’t know the company, but looks similar to the others.  Anyway, want another one.  What’s the best high capacity 9mm magazine for the Tanfoglio?  Was looking at the MBX 29 round.  I know those have to be tuned to 2011s, same for Tanfoglios?

thanks

I use a couple of the MBX mags. They work in my gun but others have had issues with them.

Some people are using 2 9mm mags welded together but I have not tried one of those yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure why some of the MBX high capacity mags work and some don't.  I have the same TF Gold you do and my high capacity MBX won't feed consistently.  I have tried every possible adjustment and it just won't feed consistently.  Sometimes it will be on the 10th round and other times it will be in the twenties.  I actually have two other TF Witness pistols and it won't feed through those either.  One of worst things that can happen in competition is a feed problem.   It seems as though some people don't have this problem and others do.   

I have an MBX that I've run in my Tango open gun and I've seen it run like a dream and choke. You're right, in this game, one choke and that can kill the match for you. I've taken on the PCC wagon, so all the open stuff is sitting in the safe.

/r,
Jeff

• 3 weeks later...

Hijacking thread. I made a deal of and older 2003 Tanfoglio Limited 9mm. It has two 17rd magazines with the aluminium basepads. The mags aren't in great shape. Also shooting minor I'm gonna be in a disadvantage as it is I'd rather not have an extra reload on stages too. What mag + extension/basepad combo gives me 20 rounds AND is IPSC Standard legal (fits in the box). And has to be available in Europe. Is there even such thing or do I just have to become the fastest mag changer ever? 

Edited by Tirppa

• 4 weeks later...

It depends if you have a small frame or a large frame. 

For the small frame, you will only get 19 rounds with an Xtreme base pad. 

As far as I know, there are now aftermarket springs and follower available for small frame to get more rounds. 

For large frame you can get 22 rounds if you use the Xtreme base pad in combination with a spring+follower kit from Gregory Midgley. 

http://ipsc4you.com/product/high-capacity-gm-magazine-kit/

But 22 is very stiff and it probably will not be reloadable. 21 rounds you can get for sure with this setup. 

If you are using only the Xtreme base pad with original spring+follwer you will get 20 rounds.  

6 hours ago, pastrana199 said:

For large frame you can get 22 rounds if you use the

Taylor Freelance basepads give me 23+1 reloadable with Grams kit. Friends using Henning basepads also get 23+1 reloadable.

Actually, after a year of use, i can squeeze 24, not reloadable in one, but it bulges the mag and nearly breaks the uplula. So i dont go there! Lol.