Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How much more accurate is the Accushadow vs Shadow 2 Vs Shadow 2 Target?

CDRGlock

As the question states. What components make it more accurate?

How much more accurate is one over the other? What type of bullet/bullet weight/velocities are required?

Are there mods or parts to make it get up to those levels?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

As the question states. What components make it more accurate?

How much more accurate is one over the other? What type of bullet/bullet weight/velocities are required?

Are there mods or parts to make it get up to those levels?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

An Accu Shadow has a barrel bushing installed. There is no particular load required. The bushing is a mechanical improvment to eliminate barrel movement and produce tighter groups. That being said, any of these guns will be plenty accurate.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, f2benny said:

What's a shadow 2 target?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I think the OP meant Shadow Target II which is based off the orig Shadow, not the newer Shadow 2. Had me going there for a sec too. lol

On the CZ custom website they state that on a ransom rest the accu bushing game them sub 3" groups at 50 yards and that their Stock Sp01 gave them approximately 5" groups at 50 yards. I would expect similar from the shadow 2 variants but have not seen the data.

In the real world as others have noted, CZ's are known for accuracy period, the precision barrel bushing sold by CGW is a popular mod that seems to generally provide increased accuracy. 

I think out of the box they are probably all closer in mechanical accuracy than many if not most shooters will be able to distinguish.  The way I understand it is stock CZ bushings with their steel quality can wear earlier than either the Cajun 10x bushings or the 1911-like ones on the CZ Custom Accu Shadows (of which I own one).  So if you do a lot of shooting, then I guess over time the Accu or the 10X will develop less wear-in and play at lockup, aiding in both accuracy and consistency.  As it stands right now, my regular base SP01 Shadow seems just as accurate as my Accu Shadow (maybe even seems a bit more since it has a bigger from fiber optic and maybe I get on target faster).  But since I shoot both a lot in competition, I'll probably get the 10x bushing for the regular Shadow sometime soon.  Out of the box though, even the regular Shadow is a tack-driver.

Edited by MoRivera

4 hours ago, MoRivera said:

The way I understand it is stock CZ bushings with their steel quality can wear earlier than either the Cajun 10x bushings or the 1911-like ones on the CZ Custom Accu Shadows (of which I own one).  So if you do a lot of shooting, then I guess over time the Accu or the 10X will develop less wear-in and play at lockup,

The CGW bushing's have a smaller i.d. , it very easy to tell that the barrel fit is tighter after you install one. I do not know about relative hardness. 

47 minutes ago, IHAVEGAS said:

The CGW bushing's have a smaller i.d. , it very easy to tell that the barrel fit is tighter after you install one. I do not know about relative hardness. 

Yes I realize that as there's discussion on how difficult it is at first to get the barrel back in (the CZ removable bushings are also very tight), but in those same discussions it's often cited by guys from CGW that it's also a harder metal and CZ stock bushings can wear/loosen.  So there's the adde benefit of holding accuracy/consistency over more time, even though sometimes a stock CZ can be quite accurate too.

Edited by MoRivera

I've had a couple of SP01 Shadows, Shadow 2s, and an Accu Shadow with the hand fit match barrel. 

In order from least to most accurate are the SP01, S2, then the Accu.  But, to be honest, it wouldn't make a difference in a match.

Now, if I thought I might finish in the top 10 at Nationals, I'd want every little edge I could get. 

(I've also tried 3 or 4 10x bushings and I haven't seen any positive difference)

My Shadow 2 with CGW bushing is a tack driver with one hole groups at 30' from bag rest

My AccuShadow with CZC bushing is a tack driver with one hole groups at 30' from bag rest

I hate when people say things like "it's more accurate than the shooter", but I would be very cautious of anyone who claims either one is notably more accurate at 25 yards, especially if their purported testing was done without a vice grip and a trigger pulling tool.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/11/2018 at 6:32 PM, wdfwguy said:

I've had a couple of SP01 Shadows, Shadow 2s, and an Accu Shadow with the hand fit match barrel. 

In order from least to most accurate are the SP01, S2, then the Accu.  But, to be honest, it wouldn't make a difference in a match.

Now, if I thought I might finish in the top 10 at Nationals, I'd want every little edge I could get. 

(I've also tried 3 or 4 10x bushings and I haven't seen any positive difference)

I have an accu s1 and accu s2 and I've never compared the accuracy to a stock one side by side at the same time. One thing for sure. In a match the accuracy goes out the window depending on how aggressive or how much speed mode you are in. I've never noticed the accuracy in a match.

Agreed, I said it wouldn't make a noticeable difference in a match.

The question was if there's a difference in accuracy.  Shooting groups, there's a measurable difference between my guns.  Although, I'd be really interested in shooting an Accu S2.

I think out of the box they are probably all closer in mechanical accuracy than many if not most shooters will be able to distinguish.  The way I understand it is stock CZ bushings with their steel quality can wear earlier than either the Cajun 10x bushings or the 1911-like ones on the CZ Custom Accu Shadows (of which I own one).  So if you do a lot of shooting, then I guess over time the Accu or the 10X will develop less wear-in and play at lockup, aiding in both accuracy and consistency.  As it stands right now, my regular base SP01 Shadow seems just as accurate as my Accu Shadow (maybe even seems a bit more since it has a bigger from fiber optic and maybe I get on target faster).  But since I shoot both a lot in competition, I'll probably get the 10x bushing for the regular Shadow sometime soon.  Out of the box though, even the regular Shadow is a tack-driver.
Is the CZC Accu production legal in USPSA?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, Inkw8ll said:

Is the CZC Accu production legal in USPSA?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Yes. I ran it for several years. No discernible difference in terms of accuracy between it and my Shadow Target. Especially in action pistol. 

• 7 months later...
On 8/11/2018 at 11:07 AM, Silverscooby27 said:

Especially coming form a Glock, where you’re probably better off throwing a pointed stick at the Target when it comes to precision and accuracy, ?

That is an absolutely false statement.  Tell that to Bob Vogel, Dave Sevigney, Taran Butler, etc.  

On 8/13/2018 at 10:12 PM, Wrecks said:

My Shadow 2 with CGW bushing is a tack driver with one hole groups at 30' from bag rest

My AccuShadow with CZC bushing is a tack driver with one hole groups at 30' from bag rest

I hate when people say things like "it's more accurate than the shooter", but I would be very cautious of anyone who claims either one is notably more accurate at 25 yards, especially if their purported testing was done without a vice grip and a trigger pulling tool.

If a gun is capable of holding 1 inch groups at 25 yards from a Ransom Rest and a shooter is only able to maintain a 3-4 inch group with same gun at 25 yards, then a gun is in fact more accurate than the shooter can aim.  Regardless if you hate the statement.  You also contradicted yourself in the past paragraph of your post.  

4 minutes ago, Judo said:

If a gun is capable of holding 1 inch groups at 25 yards from a Ransom Rest and a shooter is only able to maintain a 3-4 inch group with same gun at 25 yards, then a gun is in fact more accurate than the shooter can aim.  Regardless if you hate the statement.  You also contradicted yourself in the past paragraph of your post.  

No I didn't