Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock shooters, do you leave the trigger stock?

midvalleyshooter

In my Gen 4's I went with a few different full kits with good results but the Gen 5's are back to stock.  The kits just made them lighter but ruined the feel.  I did install polished OEM minus connectors on the models that didn't have it from the factory.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, NWfront said:

In my Gen 4's I went with a few different full kits with good results but the Gen 5's are back to stock.  The kits just made them lighter but ruined the feel.  I did install polished OEM minus connectors on the models that didn't have it from the factory.

I've read from a few people that the minus connector in the gen 5 glocks makes them feel "mushy". I haven't tried myself so I am curious your thoughts. Since you are running it, can you give me an idea of the overall feel? Thanks.

1 hour ago, speederlander said:

I've read from a few people that the minus connector in the gen 5 glocks makes them feel "mushy". I haven't tried myself so I am curious your thoughts. Since you are running it, can you give me an idea of the overall feel? Thanks.

I found it to be really smooth and has a nice break with the stock springs.  Not sure what connector came in the comp kit I tried out but it gave it a mushy break that was just awful.  

Edited by NWfront

On 10/28/2018 at 11:47 AM, tdp88 said:

I tried some aftermarket triggers early on but I found out that I shoot light triggers slower. After I put some work into my grip I can shoot the stock trigger on my 34 just as accurate as the lighter aftermarket triggers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I noticed the same. Didn’t matter what trigger I used, training and practice trumped all

• 4 weeks later...
I noticed the same. Didn’t matter what trigger I used, training and practice trumped all

This. I like the “-“ connector, beyond that I found the benefits of aftermarket triggers (in this platform) marginal and at times unreliable.

3 hours ago, Reekus said:

This. I like the “-“ connector, beyond that I found the benefits of aftermarket triggers (in this platform) marginal and at times unreliable.

Did you try a Quality Trigger such as Vanek, DK or Johnny Glocks?

Did you try a Quality Trigger such as Vanek, DK or Johnny Glocks?

I have shot Vanek and DK, I guess the difference wasn’t enough to drive me to spend the money on it. I see why they’re nice though, for sure. (Just personal preference, I do love say Geissele or CGW quality triggers in other platforms)

• 2 weeks later...

I use a Ghost disconnector, lightened springs, and polished or honed all contact surfaces. All that got it down to about 3 lbs on my gen 4 G35. The Ghost disconnector takes care of overtravel so the only thing some of the other triggers out there would buy me is pretravel adjustment or a different trigger shoe and those thing don't bother me enough to do anything about it.

7 hours ago, donttreadonme said:

Stock glocks okay for beginners?

Of course.

Just... as people say, the stock Glock trigger is rarely all that good: requires more care and dry fire practice to keep your hits good. I guess the stock trigger on my ancient Glock is better than most.... People often want to replace the sights too, especially if a fiber optic front sight is wanted.

• 4 weeks later...

Update. I put a DK dropin in my Glock 35 with a 4# striker spring. I’ve since gone back to a  stock recoil spring and a stock  striker spring and have resolved some feed issues I was dealing with. Not 100% sure how the striker spring was contributing to the issue but, I don’t notice much difference. Only at 20+ yards shooting partials I have to take more time because the trigger is a tad stiffer, but not noticeable anywhere else.

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 1:11 PM, Heatstroke18 said:

Update. I put a DK dropin in my Glock 35 with a 4# striker spring. I’ve since gone back to a  stock recoil spring and a stock  striker spring and have resolved some feed issues I was dealing with. Not 100% sure how the striker spring was contributing to the issue but, I don’t notice much difference. Only at 20+ yards shooting partials I have to take more time because the trigger is a tad stiffer, but not noticeable anywhere else.

No reason your pistol should not run with a 4.5# FPS if you are running a stock trigger spring .

I have a Johnny Glock trigger in my CO match gun and it is absolutely awesome. I get light strikes with CCI, Win, and Rem primers when using the 4.5# striker spring. Feds are 100% though. I also have guns with the OEM “-“, Zev v4, and Lone Wolf 3.5# connectors and I like them all but none compare to the Johnny Glock. I’ve tried the Zev Pro and TTI connectors and didn’t care for them. In all the guns I use a reduced plunger spring and do the $0.25 trigger job. 

FWIW I have been shooting my Gen2 G17 for 20 years now. It has the stock trigger with a 25 cent trigger job, plus the minus connector. 

I've shot friends' Glocks with lots of different mods and I honestly don't see the point in aftermarket trigger stuff. (Sights are another story for another thread, I think we all agree.) When I'm doing real match shooting, I can't tell between a stock connector and an aftermarket. My hands and my eyes just work together and put the shots on target, and I really can't feel it.

Edited by FillYerHands

3 minutes ago, FillYerHands said:

FWIW I have been shooting my Gen2 G17 for 20 years now. It has the stock trigger with a 25 cent trigger job, plus the minus connector. 

I've shot friends' Glocks with lots of different mods and I honestly don't see the point in aftermarket trigger stuff. (Sights are another story for another thread, I think we all agree.) When I'm doing real match shooting, I can't tell between a stock connector and an aftermarket. My hands and my eyes just work together and put the shots on target, and I really can't feel it.

Let me add that the only people I've not seen "Glock Perfection" fulfilled are those who have substantially "upgraded" parts particularly in search of a better trigger pull. Whenever a guy has malfunctions at our local USPSA, particularly light strikes, it turns out he modified the fire control in one way or another. The time wasted solving the malfunctions almost always blows up the stage. 

4 hours ago, Paul49 said:

Let me add that the only people I've not seen "Glock Perfection" fulfilled are those who have substantially "upgraded" parts particularly in search of a better trigger pull. Whenever a guy has malfunctions at our local USPSA, particularly light strikes, it turns out he modified the fire control in one way or another. The time wasted solving the malfunctions almost always blows up the stage. 

That is people that do not know what they are doing and there are plenty of them to go around.