Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ TS mag spring issue

obsessiveshooter

Hi-

This weekend is Area 3 and I went and did something stupid (changing something before a big match).  I put in new mag springs in my 3 oldest TS mags, and I just went to the range to practice and found that I now have an issue that I didn't before.  Now, with those 3 mags, after the last round the slide locks back on the follower itself, making it so I have to rip the mag out with my weak hand.  Fortunately my other 2 mags can become #1 and #2 for the match, but I'm not sure what to do to fix this problem with the other 3.  Any ideas?  

4 hours ago, sandflea316 said:

are these czc springs and followers?  mine does the same. 

Me too!  My solution is to use grams followers. In the short term, you may be able to bend the spring where it attaches to the follower, to make the follower stick up less

If you are using the CZC low profile followers, you sometimes have to bend the spring near the top to get them to fit just right. There’s a lot of pressure on the springs especially when new which cause them to “torque” up in the front. 

25 minutes ago, 858 said:

Bend the top coil.

I had some issue as well, I resolved it by bending the top coil and allowing the gap between first and second coil nearest the front of mag( Bullet side) to be .450in. works for me everytime now

if with flat follower and spring, the follower works out, adjust the spring this way.

Tighten loop to hold follower tighter., lower front of top coil.

this will keep the follower from working out between the feedlips.

506326411_10522springandfollowertweak.jpg.ce5f693cc739c21c0b04bfc8ddd9d639.jpg

20 hours ago, obsessiveshooter said:

Hi-

This weekend is Area 3 and I went and did something stupid (changing something before a big match).  I put in new mag springs in my 3 oldest TS mags, and I just went to the range to practice and found that I now have an issue that I didn't before.  Now, with those 3 mags, after the last round the slide locks back on the follower itself, making it so I have to rip the mag out with my weak hand.  Fortunately my other 2 mags can become #1 and #2 for the match, but I'm not sure what to do to fix this problem with the other 3.  Any ideas?  

I bought new Cz custom springs and followers months ago and just put them in my mags and I’m having the exact same issue with all 4. The slide locks on the follower and you almost have to have 3 hands to get the mag out and almost every time this happens I get the mag out to find the follower has jumped out of the mag tube, still attached to the spring though. This doesn’t happen at all with my older 4 in the same tubes. 

Edited by Superpipe9

Take your slide off and insert the mag, you will see where the follower hangs up on the slide lock pin. Just remove some material from the follower so they will drop free. I had to do this when using a Nitro Fin on my TS.40. This is with the CZCustom spring and followers, no need to bend the spring.

Ok, I just got back from the range.  Bending the springs to look just like the picture posted above got one of the 3 magazines working fine.  The other 2 were doing the same old thing.  So, took part of Vinh's advice and I twisted the top leg of the spring in a way that kept the angle in the picture, but tilted down the follower so that high side of the follower (lengthwise if the follower was sitting alone on a table) was sitting lower, since that is the side that is getting up above the feed lips.   

After doing that I put it each mag through the paces and no more lockups.  

What a relief.  

8 hours ago, obsessiveshooter said:

Ok, I just got back from the range.  Bending the springs to look just like the picture posted above got one of the 3 magazines working fine.  The other 2 were doing the same old thing.  So, took part of Vinh's advice and I twisted the top leg of the spring in a way that kept the angle in the picture, but tilted down the follower so that high side of the follower (lengthwise if the follower was sitting alone on a table) was sitting lower, since that is the side that is getting up above the feed lips.   

What a relief.  

Can you post a picture 

15 hours ago, obsessiveshooter said:

What a relief.  

Glad to hear it worked out

CZC should fix the springs. They didn't fit unmodified in my 9mm TS mags either. Between the broken follower and having to bend the springs I went back to Grahams springs and followers. Frankly, the broken follower caused me to reevaluate whether I'd ever do business with CZC again. This thread bears that out too, the springs don't work unmodified with TS magazines because CZC wants to produce one spring for CZ75 9mm/40 and CZ TS 9mm/40. My preference is the CZC spring and follower but if CZC is going to leave me hanging when their brand new parts break the first time I use them I'll take my business elsewhere. Caveat Emptor.

5a86048505ff4_TSOCZUBTrigger.thumb.jpg.c805f0470b61bbd56c568db307b40aa9.jpg

Edited by 858

5 hours ago, 858 said:

CZC should fix the springs. They didn't fit unmodified in my 9mm TS mags either. Between the broken follower and having to bend the springs I went back to Grahams springs and followers. Frankly, the broken follower caused me to reevaluate whether I'd ever do business with CZC again. This thread bears that out too, the springs don't work unmodified with TS magazines because CZC wants to produce one spring for CZ75 9mm/40 and CZ TS 9mm/40. My preference is the CZC spring and follower but if CZC is going to leave me hanging when their brand new parts break the first time I use them I'll take my business elsewhere. Caveat Emptor.

5a86048505ff4_TSOCZUBTrigger.thumb.jpg.c805f0470b61bbd56c568db307b40aa9.jpg

Have the grams springs and followers been 100% reliable?

25 minutes ago, 858 said:

How did they work before you had to bend the springs?

Dont know. I kind of tweak everything when I assemble. Something that shooting this damn sport for 25 years does