Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Mexico Sectional

Just back home from a long road trip; on the way home I was able to make the New Mexico Sectional match in Albaquerque. Great match!

8 stages, all were 32 rounds, except for a standards stage of 24 rounds. Great stage design without being hinky - challenging shots and some great folks to shoot the match with. Pretty much every stage had multiple options for the shooters to choose from and all were fun.

The host range was the CITY's range and it was simply fantastic, probably one of the best ranges I've ever shot on.

Hat off to all involved with putting this match together, great job!!

Derrick

New Mexico is very pretty if you like high desert scenery, mesas, and mountains. The Sandia mountain range is on the east side of the city, and they're in the 7,500-9,000 ft range I'm guessing. The range the match was held at was on the west side of the city, up in the high desert. My altimeter was reading about 6,000 ft above sea level at the range.

There's plenty of stuff to see if you like early American Indian sites and petroglyphs, and lots of outdoor stuff like hiking and biking. I'll let one of the locals chip in with more details, I've only been there a few times.

PM me an email address and I'll send you some pics.