Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Animated Videos for Dry Fire

TennJeep1618

Someone on another forum asked about a texas star animation for dry fire.  I was able to find a sketchup plugin that allowed me to make it for him, but I thought others might be able to use it as well.  I'm also planning on making a star that changes directions occasionally and probably some swinger animations as well.  Let me know if you have a request.

5 minutes ago, Flatland Shooter said:

Very nice.   Can we adjust the speed?

Yes!  If you click the gear icon (or the 3 dots if you're on a mobile device), you can change the playback speed of the video.  All the way from .25X to 2X.

I finally got this animated swinger to the point where I feel comfortable sharing it. But I need some feedback before I make a longer video. I know it's a little choppy, but I haven't found an efficient way to make it smoother with the current tools I have.

Remember you can change the speed with youtube's speed controls.

I still plan on doing other animations with different targets, vision barriers, etc.

5 minutes ago, stick said:

Great for dry fire practice!  Thanks for sharing

Can the star spin the other way?  The way I shoot it, it spins the opposite direction of the video

There are a couple ways I can make the star spin the other direction.  I'll see which one is the easiest and work on that later today.

Edit:  I'm thinking something like this projector (https://amzn.to/2OAFiV6) would make it easy to project these videos on a wall for a better scale.  Thoughts?

Edited by TennJeep1618

23 hours ago, stick said:

Great for dry fire practice!  Thanks for sharing

Can the star spin the other way?  The way I shoot it, it spins the opposite direction of the video

@stick, here is your clockwise rotating star:  

And here is the link to the playlist I created for all of these videos:  

2 minutes ago, BadShot said:

Great job, thanks.  Perhaps a barrier to the side of the swinger and a drop turner??????

There is a video in the playlist with barriers on both sides of the swinger.  Would you prefer to have just one barrier?

I've been thinking about a drop turner.  It might be a little tough, but I'm going to see about playing around with it tomorrow or early next week.

I missed that on the playlist, sorry.  At our club the swinger is usually only available on one side from behind a stack of barrels.  Just trying to add some ideas. 

Thanks again for your work....