Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open gun retention holster

On 8/27/2018 at 1:36 PM, Steve133 said:

Thanks for all the input, guys! Good to know that the locking race holsters that you see in USPSA all the time will work okay in 3 gun as well....

That would be awesome, thanks!

Sorry, he no longer makes those, he said they averaged 6-7 hours each, and since he has setup for max production . It's just not feasible any more, too many variations

Sorry, he no longer makes those, he said they averaged 6-7 hours each, and since he has setup for max production . It's just not feasible any more, too many variations

You wouldn't happen to have a picture of one would you?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, toothandnail said:

Yeah, I can totally see where the effort/reward ratio just wouldn't be there for a reasonably complex holster design like that. Thanks for asking around, though.

disappointing he doesn't make them anymore but i understand. I am wanting one the has the hood but will take a gun with the thumb rest. I don't shoot open but I do run a thumb rest on my limited guns in uspsa and would like to do the same with 3 gun. 

• 3 weeks later...

Long Shadow holsters makes one, however it doesn’t have a hood. Somewhat similar to the Nerd Urn holster. 

The only one with hood that I’ve seen is the Weber tactical. Which as stated he isn’t making anymore