Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Learn from me BEginners... it ain't all about the gear.

Fatso

On rules.. personally I’m of the mind uspsa rules are kinda foolish.. minor/major power factor crap is just an excuse for 40 cal to still exist.

Idpa I’ve yet to be exposed to, seems like the intent is in the right, but execution is a best guess of what may happen to “ saw this in a movie once” not trying to knock it, just think the “realist” side of it is a bit overblown.. I mean I carry owb cause I don’t want anything hard in my pants that isn’t attached and I never wear a khaki vest. ( zip up hoodies or long t shirts typically) but like most conceal carry holders I know, my firearm is obvious for anyone who actually looks and knows what they’re seeing. ( lot of YouTube vids on idpa)

united shooting sports league makes more sense ..

but then again I’m of the mind there is never a reason to carry a 45 acp with 8 over anything 9mm with 15..

from what ive seen thus far hanging around on set up and tear down days and watching major players in my area as well as big shot show types. Most who are into shooting knew a guy who knew a guy or still in a circle of friends who are part of it. 

Rare to see guys like me thus far ( granted I’ve only been around it for a couple years) who are retired mil types or weekend desert shooters who get into shooting sports.  

People who who are buying higher end “products “ like sti guns etc that I know of would be anyhow. ( I got mine before I sort my first match, made holster for it, and spent time shooting my own little steel set up before I even saw a stage bay) I can’t say I’ll ever buy a limcat. But they are pretty..