Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 triggers - Talk me through my options

Rudukai13

Alright, so I've reached the point in my Nemesis project where I've upgraded/changed just about everything I can think of besides the FCU. I'm starting to wonder if there might be a good option for a trigger change/upgrade. Ideally, I would like a resulting trigger that does the following things compared to the stock X-Carry;

- Reduce pre-travel

- Limit over-travel

- Reduce OR at least maintain pull weight, but no lighter than about four pounds (the FCU gets used in a carry gun as well, so can't make it too light).

I know there are various options and different "stages" available from Grayguns, Apex, and some options offered by the Sig Armorer, but I'm not sure what would be best for my purposes...

So, to those more in the know than myself - What trigger work would you suggest for a multi-purpose FCU?

The Pelt might be to light but it’s nice in a upgraded FCU. Check with Robert at the Sig Armor he can probably get the pull you need with less travel. I have both but shoot the Sig Armor the most because I like the optic on that one. The Pelt sure is cheaper and you don’t have to send your gun in providing you can install it.

With respect to overtravel... both Apex and GG limit overtravel by providing a thin tube that the trigger stop pin fits through.

That in effect increases the diameter of the trigger stop pin.

I've wondered if that is something that could be done by the user.

You would have to find the correct sized tube of course.

Possibly more trouble than it is worth and if this is a carry gun perhaps not a great idea to do that sort of experimentation.

Just a thought... ?

The FCU does get used in a carry configuration, hence my reluctance to do anything to it specifically up to this point.

There's honestly nothing about the stock trigger that I would say is bad, I just know there's probably room for some improvement

• 4 weeks later...

I'm looking at either the Apex AETK (manufacturer part #112-030) or the FSTK (#112-031). Both claim to reduce pretravel and overtravel. Does one of them reduce the pull weight more than the other? I'm hesitant to go too light considering I still want to use the FCU in a defensive role as well

May I suggest going with the full competition kit from Grey Guns.  It comes with a new, polished sear, lighter trigger return spring, and much lighter sear springs, along with the flat (or curved depending on your preference) trigger and the sleeve for overtravel.  Using the full kit my trigger pull is probably just below 3 lbs, very smooth, with just about perfect pre and over travel.  Im sure this is lighter than you want to go, but if you experiment with parts of the kit you may find a perfect balance.  Maybe use the sear, flat trigger, reduced trigger return spring, but stick with the stock sear springs.  Or just use the sear and trigger with the rest stock.  Either way I think you could find something you like and it would be considerably cheaper than sending it in for a full trigger job that Im sure would be great but would limit you to what it is.

By experimenting you can have the benefit of a great comp trigger or a great carry trigger just by swapping out a few components.  The FCU is super easy to work on so changing bits and pieces is quick and easy.

For a comp gun the Gray Guns kit would be fine, but for a carry gun send it to robert, outline exactly what you would like then pay the money it takes to get it. Liability is nothing to mess with in a carry gun. 

16 minutes ago, JsK said:

Liability is nothing to mess with in a carry gun. 

This is my concern. I was thinking the Apex kit would be best for this reason, specifically because some LEO agencies have authorized the use of Apex triggers in their duty Glocks/M&Ps. I don't want the trigger any lighter than about 4 pounds, most of what I want is less pretravel and overtravel with a simple drop-in kit

Edited by Rudukai13

On 8/5/2018 at 3:09 PM, ddc said:

With respect to overtravel... both Apex and GG limit overtravel by providing a thin tube that the trigger stop pin fits through.

That in effect increases the diameter of the trigger stop pin.

I've wondered if that is something that could be done by the user.

You would have to find the correct sized tube of course.

Possibly more trouble than it is worth and if this is a carry gun perhaps not a great idea to do that sort of experimentation.

Just a thought... ?

single later of heat shrink over the tube is just about right to remove a little overtravel. 

• 2 weeks later...