Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cmore SR vs MRDS, which one do you choose

chrisstophere

I've noticed a bunch of the newer pistols (2017+) using a MRDS vs the older Cmore SR. Is there a significant reason for this? Weight, overall size, the way it looks maybe? I can't imagine it being reliability because I've read/seen that both of them break down regardless if they're slide mounted or not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-P907A using Tapatalk

And I love

I would take a Holosun HS510C over all of them.  It has a large window, insane battery life, and is very durable.
And I love all those features, but I want to know why competitors/manufactures seem to be choosing a MRDS vs the big ass Cmore. Specifically, is there a competitive advantage in doing so. Also, what about a 90°mounted Cmore vs the MRDS. Does that change anything?

I have a feeling the answer is going to be "personal prefence", while although true, that doesn't seem quite right. The common custom guys do not list the Cmore as an option on their build page or in their photo galleries.

So why? I'm hoping to find out before buying something I might not need.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-P907A using Tapatalk

The slideride

pro’s

older proven design

swappable dot sizes

con’s

its a pita to sight in

sight off set to the bore is high 

its long and extends  over the ejection port and requires the extractor and ejector to be tuned for reliable ejection

the MRDS

pro’s

shorter which helps with ejection

usually lower than the slideride which helps with the sight offset

con’s

we’re all beta testers, the c-more rts2 is on its 4th revision, the ddp which when they came out a bunch of guys switched because it was a leupold and better, now I read about them going back for repair, the new holosun the jury’s still out on