Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steve Anderson drills?

wdfwguy

What are the first 12 drills that Steve talks about working into your dry fire routine?

I remember hearing him go through them one by one on the podcast, so I assume it's not proprietary information...

Edited by wdfwguy

They’re in Refinement and Repetition (his first book). 

They basically boil down to classifier and general gun handling skills. They include draws to a sight picture, reloads, “shots” on multiple targets, and strong/weak hand work. 

If you want the details, buy the book. It’s worth it. I’d also but Get to Work. It’s also really really good. 

I took the first 12 or so from his last two books, and put them in my dry fire book/log.  This gives me a total of 16 drills IIRC.  I do the first half one night, last half next night, repeat.

Great books/drills and instructor.  

His podcast are well worth listening too. I remember hearing one for the first time, thinking I grabbed the wrong one because I was listening to Van Halen. Get all of his books, worth the investment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^^^. Like said above, get all 3. Then read them in order. First is good but they get even better. As you go from one to the next ( books that is ), you can see how his philosophy on dry fire has evolved. But they are all good. 

Edited by Part_time_redneck
Mississippi boys can't spell.

I just ordered Refinement and Repetition myself.  Came across his podcast, and his methods / styles really sink in for me.  Looking forward to getting his other books and putting them to use. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The books are excellent. In them Steve explains the purpose of each drill and what aspect to concentrate on to get the most out of it. But, if you can get to one of his classes, as I did recently, it’s a whole other level of instruction. He uses the drills as a vehicle to teach what he discusses in his podcasts. He’s personable, funny, and his method is simple and very effective. It’s just not easy.

He showed us where the greatest gains in performance were to be found, and how to structure an effective  practice session. And, he must have told us a dozen times, there’s no shortcut. You’ve got to put in the work. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/19/2018 at 2:57 PM, quliming said:

Book one is just mostly simple drills. If you are a newbie, it's worthwhile to get an idea on the simple drills, follow up a bit to improve.

I also  think book one is the book to start with. It’s everything you need to learn the gunhandling skills to be successful.  Books 2-3 are bonus and def worth having but 1 is the meat.