Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Apex ultimate striker block

Honeybooboo

Can you run the USB by itself? I see on apex’s website it says it’s designed to work with the apex sear but honestly the 2.0 trigger is pretty damn good stock. Just looking to clean up the pre travel a bit and maybe get the overall pull a little lighter. 

I believe you can, with the 1.0's anyway many people just swap that out and nothing else, but I'd call apex just to be sure, but

I seriously doubt the trigger is all that different in the 2.0 than it is in the 1.0.

11 minutes ago, kmanick said:

I believe you can, with the 1.0's anyway many people just swap that out and nothing else, but I'd call apex just to be sure, but

I seriously doubt the trigger is all that different in the 2.0 than it is in the 1.0.

I’ve messaged apex but I believe there are some important changes in the 2.0 trigger. I think it uses different geometries and a different trigger bar and stuff. I don’t know exactly but yea. 

But if the pre-travel can be cleaned up while lowering pull weight just a bit, then the 2.0 trigger would be fantastic. 

I dont want want to change the overall feel of the trigger. I like how it breaks, that it breaks further back, and the reset. 

Edited by Honeybooboo

On 8/4/2018 at 4:04 PM, Honeybooboo said:

Can you run the USB by itself? I see on apex’s website it says it’s designed to work with the apex sear but honestly the 2.0 trigger is pretty damn good stock. Just looking to clean up the pre travel a bit and maybe get the overall pull a little lighter. 

yes, you can

Agree with "yes, you can".  The USB is a completely separate part from the Apex sear, springs etc. and is not dependent on the other components for its benefit. 

I know that my new 5" M&P 2.0 had a definite "hitch" in the trigger pull as the trigger bar cammed the OEM striker block out of the way and adding the USB completely eliminated it.  The rest of the DCAK definitely improved the trigger pull but the USB itself was a real benefit.  

Edited by SteelCityShooter