Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Range Bag

jim m

I have the midway competition bag and it’s huge, almost to big for a single gun in USPSA. When taking 200-300 round and 1 pistol there’s still a ton of room left. It’s much better if using it for multigun, I can throw all my belt gear in it and still have access to everything I need.

I just bought my 3rd (THIRD) CED Range Bag. I need them all ? 

I think they are the best on the market.Tough and strong.

Anybody that breaks or wears out one of these must be really

hard on their gear .

• 2 weeks later...

I have an explorer, don’t remember exactly which model. It’s big and heavy but I like bringing lots of stuff with me. 

Its a nice thing there are so many options out there now. 

Its funny at the big matches some guys have carts with 2 bags and I’ve seen guys with a 2 gallon bucket with some ammo in it. 

Whatever works best for you! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the large midway bag and love it. I use my rugged cart for all my gear and also have a safariland bag that I use a lot now. Holds my guns and mags and then I have a smaller midway bag i still take for miscellaneous gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm also using the Midway range bag and I really like it. I'm able to fit everything for two guns and about 500 rounds with room to spare. I've had the bag for about two years and the stitching, zippers, etc are all still solid. I think you can usually find them for around $50.

• 2 weeks later...

I really dig 5.11’s range qualifier bag. It’s not the cheapest but it has everything you need and nothing you don’t.

pouch for 2 guns

room for ammunition, ear pro, basic tools you may need in a pinch, lube, etc.

6 magazine pouches that fit 2 single stack magazines per.

Guy gave me about four bags when I bought a used Hornady reloading press. I am cheap. The smaller bag is my preference. I use the cardboard box that Bullets came in to hold stuff on one end, and I use a plastic coffee can on the other end to hold ammo and mags. 

Prior to that I used a 20+ year old bag made for fishing that was suppose to float. It was basically open inside, and I used boxes and make the compartments I needed. I really miss that old bag. Used it until it fell apart. 

In my opinion, brand may not matter as much as picking the right size and ensuring you have what you need and not much more. 

Bit late to the thread 🙂 but I do like my RangeMaxx bags I picked up from Bass Pro.

Use the larger one for multigun and large comps as it takes AR mags on one side, pistol mags on the other.
https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/rangemaxx-1800-range-bag

For standard club matches, I use the smaller bag, perfect and light enough to carry around just what I need.
https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/rangemaxx-1000-range-bag

Seen so many struggle on a normal club match day with the CED backpacks, trolleys, etc carrying a ton of stuff that isn't simply needed more often than not.