Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Range Bag

jim m

I'm in the market for a new range bag, I don't want a back pack.  Any help on the latest and greatest would help cutting to the chase.  What are you suggesting?  

Thanks in advance

This one has been working out great for me:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-18-Volt-NiCd-Cordless-Combo-Kit-4-Tool-with-2-Batteries-1-2Ah-1-Hour-Charger-and-Contractor-Bag-DC4CKITA/202802953

As an added bonus it comes with all those tools.

And....AND! if you have to walk out to your car and your neighbors see you, they will think "Oh....that's just jim m again.  He must be working on a friend's or relative's house."

Bag is so old I don't even know brand, I got it from a friend, too small.  Wanted to an idea of what styles are the most popular and go from there.  Price is not a problem.

Thanks

2 hours ago, LuvDog said:

I used a craftsman tool bag for years.  It worked well, but after a while I wanted more pockets/compartments. 

I have two of the smaller Bagmaster pistol bags.

They look like this:

MRBDHG.jpg

And when opened up, the look like this:

I can get two of them squeezed into that Dewalt tool bag...can't exactly zip it shut, but at least allows me to discretely carry my guns back and forth to my car.

With just one bagmaster bag, I can get it zipped shut.

Bagmaster is out of St. Louis and I think all their bags are made here in the U.S.

Edited by Chills1994
attaching .jpeg glitch

22 minutes ago, rishii said:

The standard answer is shooters connection

I’ve used the smaller tournament series elite bag for years and it’s held up well despite the fact the I tend to abuse stuff

https://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/Shooters-Connection-Tournament-Series-Shooting-Bag-PRO-II-P4512.aspx

I have one of the Shooter's connection bags too.

It is like too big.

When loaded up with stuff, it's too heavy...and it seems awkward to carry

I had two of the older Dillon range bags... one in OD green and one in black.  I sold the green one here on the forums.

They were both smaller than the shooter's connection bag

One guy who I used to shoot matches with carried one of those Dillon border shift bags....and that was just for ammo.  Everything else was already on his belt/waist.... gun, mags, holster, mag pouches...shooting glasses already on his face and ear muffs on his head.

I like that idea of traveling that lightly.

Edited by Chills1994

I’m starting to like the wheeled bags.  I think its CED/Double Alpha.  The one with the metal top that you can sit on.  

(If somebody has a link to what I’m talking about, post it up)

I've been really happy with Midway products I get.  I originally went the route of getting the large and honestly it's too much for me now.  I just ordered a DAA medium backpack and will buy the smaller Midway (compact competition) as an additional if I need it and for $50 I think the Midway is a good deal.

Having a large / xtra large for so long its been great that I cean bring everything I would ever need but in the summer heat it is a pain to carry around.  And when sharing my friends cart when he brings it the bag takes the whole things up so i end up carrying it or having to move it every stage.  Just soemthing to consider when you're choosing your size if you haven't ordered it yet. 

This is a bad question to ask because most everybody recommends they one they have. Basically a bag is a bag. If it holds all your stuff and doesn't fall apart its ok. The Shooters Connection bags in all sizes work for me but I haven't tried many others because I basically don't care about bags if my guns don't fall out.

If what you say is true and it may be-- Most of the questions asked fall into that category, guns, ammo, etc. etc.  IMO that one the reasone we have forums like this is to get others opinions.  The info helps because we can cut to the chase and find out what everyone's using or not because of some issues.

Jim 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2018 at 11:54 AM, jackntucson said:

I have 2 of the  Explorer bag also like LuvDog , best bag I have found for the money https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005J5TY7G/ref=twister_B00SUSBFA8?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

purchased the same/similar bag from the bidding web site for a few bucks less and really like it.  It gets a bit heavy if you load it up, however has enough room for my primary & backup gun, 6 mags and plenty of storage for spare parts and other stuff.

If anyone's interested look for 'Ultimate Tactical Deluxe Range Duffle Bag'

s-l1600.jpg

4 hours ago, jacala said:

Have a look at the 5.11 Range Ready Bag.You could probably fit the kitchen sink in it !

Before I got the Double Alpha backpack I used to carry this in a cart and it was a great bag. Would hold a ton of stuff and then some. 

It is good if the bag has a suitable number of different compartments. I can manage a practice session with a bag or backpack where everything goes into one compartment. That becomes a wretched mess in a hurry, when you go to a contest.

• 2 weeks later...

I use an old plastic ammo tub that has a floating tray in it. Holds enough to get me through a pistol match and I sometimes use it as a make-shift stool to load mags.

It ain't fancy but its worked for years.