Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Purchase Rolled Brass??

Smithcity

I know rolled brass comes up now and again in the non-dealers brass section and the classified, anyone have a good source  from a company online for buying once fired, rolled brass? Been looking and finding brass that comes polished, "sized", decapped, swaged, and or primed. Can't seem to find a "rolled" option.

9 hours ago, HI5-O said:

What caliber?

9mm and 40. Looking for a regular source to buy from, I.e. if I'm buying 10k-20k of brass at a time, wondering if one of the "big guys" offers a rolling options.

Roll sizing adds significant amount to the brass cost - are you willing to pay it?  I sold some rolled 9mm brass, and seen other sales, usually you expect to pay $30-35 per 1K. 

13 hours ago, Foxbat said:

Roll sizing adds significant amount to the brass cost - are you willing to pay it?  I sold some rolled 9mm brass, and seen other sales, usually you expect to pay $30-35 per 1K. 

Price comes into it. I have a case pro (manual), some guys at the local club were asking if I'd roll it. I'm not interested in rolling for them, nor do I have all the conversion kits for the case pro. Looking for something to refer to the guys at the club, and something for myself if I'm in a pinch or am shooting a caliber I don't have a conversion kit for. Sounds like the typical places you buy once fired brass from don't offer the option. 3 to 3.5 cents a round aint cheap! Understandable, it's a fair amount of work.

Once, when I didn't have the Case Pro, I asked one gentleman with the machine to roll some for me, for charge.  He responded that unless he charged me $30-35 just for rolling, he could not justify his labor... I do understand that.  So when you buy rolled brass for $30-35, you are getting a very good deal, I think.  Plus that brass is usually also cleaned. 

2 hours ago, Steve RA said:

Remember what brass was selling for during the "shortage" not too many years ago.

May Brass Prices (800x581).jpg

Wow, assuming this is once fired? For 9mm we are looking at 2.5-3 cents a round shipped.