Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need advise for first Precision Rifle purchase

kmaultsby

I would advise against a 6mm, barrel life sucks compared to 6.5Creed, since this would be your first precision rifle I recommend the trusty old 308, the fundamentals of marksmanship will be ingrained in you, then when that barrel is toast(10k rounds) you will greatly appreciate the Creedmoors and will be a much better shooter. 

• 5 months later...

I got an RPR a few years ago. It shot very well with the factory barrel and even better with aftermarket. My son has a bergara b14. It didn’t start shooting well until I started loading for it.  I have a couple friend with Tikka and they have no complaints.  Shot a match last fall with a guy running the mpa production rifle. It shot well and I think he won production. 

I have the bergara b14 bmp chassis rifle...$1500.  I put on the vortex razor 4.5 to 27 I picked up used...and there are plenty out there for 1500.  Puts you right in your budget.  The rifle performs well.  I'm solid to 1200 yrds.  Its 6.5 creedmore.    Bergara used to make everyone's barrels including mpa.