Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Worn slide stop.

blacklab

The last few weeks I've been having problems with my C K Arms 2011 stove piping. I finely narrowed it down to the slide stop. I have a Nitro Fin on it and it has just enough play in it from side to side that it drags on the slide. If I push it tight to the frame it wants to walk back out after I run a few mags through it. I put the Nitro Fin from my back up gun on it and its back to running 100%. The gun only has about 20k on it. So my question is, is it normal for a slide stop to ware like that or is there a bigger problem I should be looking for?

Mic the two and see what, if any difference there is.(diameter) If the one that is giving you a hard time is worn there possibly could be a bigger issue. I would also mic the holes in the frame etc. It could be worn. Why it's worn is a different question all together. That's where a bigger issue may lie.

If you don't have a mic another thing you can do is put the offending slide stop in your backup gun and see if it gives you any troubles in it. If it does, well you for sure know. If not, then it's possibly time to look else where.