Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Invisible Men Stage 1

Been to a few USPSA Matches and have one coming up this Sat. Currently a Open C Class shooter.  There is this one stage I have been thinking about and wanted to see how some of you would shoot this. I haven't seen how this stage in person, just a drawing from the Builder. 

My idea would to engage P1 then run to the left and engage T1-T3.

Run back and engage T9-T10. This way I am thinking the Swinger would be at rest and less likely to get a Mike.

The door.

Not sure if the door opens in (push) or opens out (pull). When approaching, how do you position your gun?

(A) Position gun downrange high and to the left.

(B) Position gun downrange high and to the right.

Any help would be well appreciated and cookies will be handed out.

s5v8k66.jpg

Way too much running. The way to think about T-9 and T-10 is that they are at rest at the end of their first swing. I would have to see the target in person but I think it will be a bit slow due to the load.

17 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Way too much running. The way to think about T-9 and T-10 is that they are at rest at the end of their first swing. I would have to see the target in person but I think it will be a bit slow due to the load.

I agree with Chuck that it will probably swing slow due to multiple targets.

i would start out to right, probably take multiple shots to drive popper down and then try and get swinger at stop of first pass. Move to the left target array, go through door with gun up high at eye level to the right, you don’t know the timing of turner and clamshell but if the head is available go for that if it’s too slow then last box with 3 targets. 

Good luck

12 minutes ago, HoMiE said:

I agree with Chuck that it will probably swing slow due to multiple targets.

i would start out to right, probably take multiple shots to drive popper down and then try and get swinger at stop of first pass. Move to the left target array, go through door with gun up high at eye level to the right, you don’t know the timing of turner and clamshell but if the head is available go for that if it’s too slow then last box with 3 targets. 

Good luck

Hopefully it's a slow swinger. Ok, stay at right. Should I just shoot the lower T10 soon as it moves? Then hold at 12 o'clock and wait for T9 to appear?

Why the head shot on the clamshell meteric? It's not covered. I'll post my result this Sat. night. Thanks.

I'd go P1 and t9/t10 in which order, I'd guess T10 then T9 since the swinger will slow down some.

Move over to T1-3 then go forward.  Since the drop & clam disappear, you'll have to see which opens first and/or has the longest exposure. Make the decision based on  your skill, remember disappearing targets are no penalty mikes for not shooting/misses but if they have no shoots - those still count.

Btw, I'd be the door opens in - would be dumb opening out to swing back & get shot up.

1 minute ago, SCTaylor said:

Btw, I'd be the door opens in - would be dumb opening out to swing back & get shot up.

This club a month ago used a door setup just like this one and recalled pulling to open. We just stood in the doorway to keep the door from closing. Will have to see Sat. Thanks.

6 hours ago, Lastcat said:

Hopefully it's a slow swinger. Ok, stay at right. Should I just shoot the lower T10 soon as it moves? Then hold at 12 o'clock and wait for T9 to appear?

Why the head shot on the clamshell meteric? It's not covered. I'll post my result this Sat. night. Thanks.

I would shoot thebupper one first since that will swing the fastest. I would watch where it ends swing and hold somewhere around 4:30, th n I would swing and get the inside lower target. You might have to wait for two passes depending on distance. 

1 hour ago, HoMiE said:

I would shoot thebupper one first since that will swing the fastest. I would watch where it ends swing and hold somewhere around 4:30, th n I would swing and get the inside lower target. You might have to wait for two passes depending on distance. 

Nice, thank you. Learned something new.

It appears t9and10 are available from the doorway.   Shoot p1 move left then advance to doorway.  Guessing door swings in.  Gun up high left or right depending on timing of the targets.  Take at rest swinger after the trap and turner are shot.

• 1 month later...

Finished this stage, twice. Or about 1.5 times. First time all was going great. Except the trap after the door, would not set the moving target on the left. Had to stop and restart. Did ok. Placed 3rd in my division, 15th overall of 55. It was a good day, CM ran flawlessly.

20 minutes ago, Lastcat said:

Finished this stage, twice. Or about 1.5 times. First time all was going great. Except the trap after the door, would not set the moving target on the left. Had to stop and restart. Did ok. Placed 3rd in my division, 15th overall of 55. It was a good day, CM ran flawlessly.

good! Now tell us how you ran the stage...

8 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

good! Now tell us how you ran the stage...

Well, lets see. I think my first idea was to run back and forth and wait until the 2 target swingers were at rest. But they added 1 Paper Metric behind Popper1.

I went right, nailed the PP, engaged the 2 swingers then the single metric behind PP. First time through, I had 2A and 2C. Second time around, 2A 1C and 1M. Then left to T1-T3. Door is open out, so it was a pull. I kept my gun high and right, making sure to not get my hand in front of the muzzle. Then first time, it activated the Spinner on the right, but Drop target on the left did not move. Second time through, it was right spinner and left drop. Box A was just 3 metrics over a small wall.

It was a good day too, gun ran great and seemed to be hitting what I was aiming at, that's always a good day. Wish all matches were like this, but it can be frustrating when you have a really bad day. I have had those and just don't seem to recover.