Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RTS2 or DPP

ElkChaser

38 minutes ago, ElkChaser said:

Only looking at the 2 mentioned thanks don’t want to complicate the process by adding other options 

If you’re being so restrictive you almost have no excuse to even ask, at this point.

Eight seconds with a search will net you multiple threads of “DPP vs RTS2” which went on for pages and pages of really good information.

That’s why guys are tossing out other options. They’re bored with your topic. :D 

13 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

If you’re being so restrictive you almost have no excuse to even ask, at this point.

Eight seconds with a search will net you multiple threads of “DPP vs RTS2” which went on for pages and pages of really good information.

That’s why guys are tossing out other options. They’re bored with your topic. :D 

I've had both, and for less money I will take the Holosun.

10 hours ago, chevrofreak said:

I've had both, and for less money I will take the Holosun.

I run a DPP on my CO gun. It’s a great optic.

I have the 510c on my PCC. It’s absolutely outstanding.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

On 7/30/2018 at 10:28 PM, chevrofreak said:

I don't agree. 

0622181934-1040x585.jpg

Does the rail mount come off of the sight or did you have to cut it? If it came right off what mounting footprint does it use? I'm doing an open build and would love to run this sight. 

35 minutes ago, smolphry said:

Does the rail mount come off of the sight or did you have to cut it? If it came right off what mounting footprint does it use? I'm doing an open build and would love to run this sight. 

It comes off with 4 screws under the mount, and there are 2 recoil lugs that are a very tight fit in my Tevo Sports mount.   I could probably lose 3/4 of my screws and the sight would stay zeroed. 

It is a proprietary mount, but TEvo Sports nailed their version of it. 

I’m running the DPP and really like it. The 2.5 moa dot is plenty big and batteries last what seems like an eternity. If your gun is flat topped Everglades makes a nice mount. Cheely for a round top gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 8/8/2018 at 7:20 PM, dansedgli said:

I've got an everglades on a stock trubor with a DPP. Round top slide. It fits fine. YMMV though.

When I tried it on my sps vista short it rubbed just a hair so I went with cheely it just a bit taller

@highhope the 510C has a SUPER bright 2moa dot with a 60ish MOA circle around it.

(You can also run just the dot or just the circle.)

It’s an EOTech, miniaturized and fixed. Also with a much clearer reticle, and thousands of hours of battery life. Can’t say enough good things about that optic: every time I shoot a friend’s gun with the traditional CMore on it, it makes me glad I went the Holosun route.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

1 minute ago, MemphisMechanic said:

@highhope the 510C has a SUPER bright 2moa dot with a 60ish MOA circle around it.

It’s an EOTech, miniaturized and fixed. Also with a much clearer reticle, and thousands of hours of battery life. Can’t say enough good things about that optic: every time I shoot a friend’s gun with the traditional CMore on it, it makes me glad I went the Holosun route.

wow, that's really nice, need to try it later....

On 8/8/2018 at 5:59 PM, sweatpants said:

I'm finding the 2.5 MOA DPP fairly agreeable.

You know, so do I. I was concerned about such a small dot but I think maybe dot size is relative. I wonder how they measure it and whether there are any standards set forth in the industry. The dot is really easy to pick up, even in bright sunlight. I cannot imagine needing to go into a higher brightness setting as I find the setting just one setting below maximum as good.