Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How many clubs/ranges are you a member of?

CTJer

I am a member of just 1 club. Only because it has a 600 yard range, I am interested in another because of the steel I can access for USPSA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I belong to 2 clubs. They’re both about 15 minutes from me

They’re actually in the same town and probably about 10 minutes from each other.

They have different benefits to them.

I’m actually thinking of joining another very small indoor only club because it’s only a few miles from me

Spartanburg pistol club... the best deal going for any gun club anywhere. SPSA is my home uspsa club. 20-25 minutes. 

Greenville Gun Club... 10 minutes from my house. Home, where I live. 

Edited by 3gunDQ

I’m about to join a 2nd club.  My current club is 15min up the road.  I can draw, “rapid fire”, do movement WHEN NO ONE ELSE IS USING THE RANGE.  

That is why I’m joining another club.  

That other club is where I help and Shoot USPSA.  It’s an hour away, but I have access to everything I need and several bays to use.  

I’m sick of setting up targets and as soon as I go to practice, a car pulls up.  

I’ll still go and set up drills where no movement is needed, but It will be nice to have a bay, with all the fixings, when I want.  

I’m about to join a 2nd club.  My current club is 15min up the road.  I can draw, “rapid fire”, do movement WHEN NO ONE ELSE IS USING THE RANGE.  
That is why I’m joining another club.  
That other club is where I help and Shoot USPSA.  It’s an hour away, but I have access to everything I need and several bays to use.  

I’m sick of setting up targets and as soon as I go to practice, a car pulls up.  

I’ll still go and set up drills where no movement is needed, but It will be nice to have a bay, with all the fixings, when I want.  

2 for me for the same reasons. Local is only 15 minutes away but sucks when someone shows up and ruins your practice plans.

I belong to three.  One is about 20 minutes away that I'm very active in and on the board.  It only has a 100M rifle range but has a 25 yard indoor range so I can shoot year round.  The other is only 10 minutes away and has a 200 yard rifle range and a 50 yard  everything range but nothing indoors.   The third is about 45 minutes away and has a lot of facilities but too far for routine visits use and I only remain a member since I'm a life member and pay no dues. 

I shoot at two ranges that i'm not a member of but one holds a summer PPC league I've shot for over 20 years and the other holds monthly Steel Challenge matches that i usually shoot.  Both are too far away for regular visits.

I'm a member of one club which is 20 minutes away that has a fairly healthy schedule of different pistol competitions.  Could shoot there more if I were to take interest in the rifle games.  This club hosts one of the monthly USPSA matches that I go to and we have an indoor range so we shoot all year around.

My other range is my personal piece of property that is 10 minutes away and I can shoot whatever and whenever I want.

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, synchronicity said:

A small range at home, My IDPA Club home 45 mins away also goes out to 600 yards and is 50 friendly.

And 5.5 hours to the NRA Whittington center for 600 and 1000 yard events three times a year.

Don't see a whole lot of that distance around here.   One club an hour and a half north of me opened up a 1,000+ yard range, but has since had some legal issues with neighbors.   Hopefully it gets worked out and back open.

One club. 45 min away down some windy scenic country roads. One traffic light, no actual traffic. The drive alone is therapeutic. They have steel setup, rifle out to 200, skeet, trap, 5 stand, pits I can do whatever I want in. It is also a member owner club. They host a match every weekend. Almost total perfection for me.

• 2 weeks later...

I belong to 3 ranges.  

The first is a 7min drive from my house and work.  it offers a stand and shoot pistol bay and 100yrd rifle range

The second is a 40 min drive, but  allows much better uspsa style practice. stages are typically left up for members to shoot.

The third is 45 min away and has a 400 yard rifle range

45 minutes ago, xSTONESx said:

I belong to 3 ranges.  

The first is a 7min drive from my house and work.  it offers a stand and shoot pistol bay and 100yrd rifle range

The second is a 40 min drive, but  allows much better uspsa style practice. stages are typically left up for members to shoot.

The third is 45 min away and has a 400 yard rifle range

@xSTONESxwhat are you paying for those clubs, if you don’t mind me asking?

I'm a member of 2 ranges.  One is a small 25yd pistol range about 20 minutes away, run by the local FOP, for $50/year.  The other is a USPSA range that's 1hr 15min away, for $100/year.  The USPSA range typically more than pays for itself since it offers a $10 discount at matches.

Kutztown Rod and Gun - Basically an old PA Dutch drinking hole, and favorite spot for rifle sighting come deer season. Otherwise most beautiful sunny weekend days, I'm the only one shooting. No rules (no dumb ones at least) 25 yard pistol and bench range, 50 yd, 100, and 150 yard rifle ranges. 

University Rifle and Pistol Club - For shooters, by shooters. Dedicated pistol range, covered benches with access out to 500 yards with multiple other ranges going up to 600. I freakin' 30 foot tower with a prone platform suspended underneath with chains to simulate shooting out of helicopters. No club house, just a cabin with a fridge and some white boards for calculatin'. Really a gem of a gun range. 

2 hours ago, SweetToof said:

Kutztown Rod and Gun - Basically an old PA Dutch drinking hole, and favorite spot for rifle sighting come deer season. Otherwise most beautiful sunny weekend days, I'm the only one shooting. No rules (no dumb ones at least)

Sounds awesome!!:eatdrink:

I've got my indoor range that I go to that's about 10 minutes from my house, but I've also got my outdoor one that is over an hour away, but I've never had an issue getting a bay to myself to practice whatever I needed to. 

Two. 

The first is an indoor range 5 minutes from my house.  Kind of expensive, but very convenient.  Lane shooting only.  50' max. No drawing allowed.

The second is a nice outdoor range 20 minutes from my house.  Inexpensive but single shot, slow rate of fire, etc...

I am going to try and quit both and put the money into a membership somewhere with action bays.