Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hiperfire 24c - do you use the adjustable shoe?

The title says it all.

I recently changed over from the 24 3G to the 24C. I have shot with the shoe on at a recent outdoor match. I shot it again tonight at an indoor match.

I thought I would like the shoe, but it feels like I am forcing my trigger finger into an awkward spot. 

I am just curious what those of you who shoot that trigger think about using the plastic shoe.

I tried it for a bit without but prefer the extra trigger reach it gives me.  Once I found the exact position my finger likes, I can’t imagine shooting without it.   Finding the proper height adjustment did take some time though.  I suggest sticking with it and trying all the different height choices before abandoning it.  

Edited by jkrispies

I went from a CMC straight trigger to the 24C so started out without the shoe installed.   A short time later I gave it a try and now it on the gun to stay.

Not a "must have" accessory but once its correctly placed I do like how it puts my trigger finger in the same position every time.

I'm using it, and like the feel, but am still playing with finding the best position for it.  I like it at the bottom for precision shots, but I like it a little higher for hosing (slightly less finger travel and snappier feel).  Maybe the answer is to get rid of it and be free to position my finger where needed?  For those of you that use it, which notch do you run it on?

I love the shoe on my pcc and my ar. It had a very nice feel to it and in a hurry I know I’m on my trigger good when I hit the shoe. This is all coming from me shooting precision rifles with amazing triggers. I don’t know what I would shoot if I hadn’t found the 24c in the carbines. Play with it for a couple range trips and see how it runs with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, 1911luvr said:

I use the shoe in the lowest position, giving me the lightest trigger pull. It’s a perfect indexing tool as well, so I have the same trigger pull every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ditto.