Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steel challenge

A draw, going one for one, repeatable execution, pressure to be consistent, you get to use your same USPSA gear. Uh yeah, I totally like it. I like it enough I bought the dry fire banners for it and use them to get some great gains in my Steel Challenge game.

8 hours ago, stick said:

And..He is now doing USPSA Classifier stages.

I didn't know that.  I have the banners and really like using them.  Classifiers would be very cool too.  Brilliant. 

And by the way, his book is VERY good too.  Accept it as one person's perspective and take what you will.

https://www.amazon.com/You-Feel-Need-Speed-Challenge/dp/1548141046

2 hours ago, Hammer002 said:

I didn't know that.  I have the banners and really like using them.  Classifiers would be very cool too.  Brilliant. 

And by the way, his book is VERY good too.  Accept it as one person's perspective and take what you will.

https://www.amazon.com/You-Feel-Need-Speed-Challenge/dp/1548141046

I'm very good friends with Ken.  I'm actually going to do some free advertising for him.  I'm designing a jersey from Techwear with the shootsteelbanners logo.

8 hours ago, stick said:

I'm very good friends with Ken.  I'm actually going to do some free advertising for him.  I'm designing a jersey from Techwear with the shootsteelbanners logo.

Really?  That's pretty cool. There is a growing interest in his stuff in my local area. Steel challenge is only a couple years old here and I'm one of the only GMs.  When people ask how to practice, I always make reference to Kens banners and book. If u get the jeresy finalized, let me know and I may get one.  I shoot two clubs here, with the possibility of a third, but even Ken says that might b too much.  I shoot the majors here in Kansas and 2 in nebraska.  Been looking to go to a jersey, especially for majors.  Let me know when it's ready and maybe I'll be one of ur first customers. Same for the classifier banners.  I think people would like em here.  Only negative I hear is expense.  They worth it though.

Yes steel challenge is definitely helpful with USPSA. It helps with draw skills, target acquistion, Speed, and your putting rounds down range. How could it not help? Plus its a ton of fun! I honestly like shooting steel challenge more than i like USPSA.