Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon 650 powder drop bellcrack bolt

I have had the bellcrack bolt (part# 13904) broken in half last year.  This year, I have been paying attention, and noticed pile of black powder accumulating over time.  It appears that the bolt is getting grinded down.  

Is this normal wear and tear?  Or is something wrong with my setup?

dillion.thumb.jpg.28ee0ebcf108dfaaef436eae96603a5e.jpg

Somethings wrong, I've loaded over 200K on mine, never saw that. One thing I do is leave the two cap screws (the vertical ones) loose for a couple of strokes before I tighten them down making sure there is no bind in the operation of the bell crank.

3 hours ago, Dazhi said:

Do you mean 13904 should only loosely bolt into 16340?  I tightened it all the way.

dillon2.jpg

Should not be tight, the nylock nut is there so it doesn't have to be. 97034 has to be able to freely pivot.

Be sure the #13848 bushing is lightly greased, inside and out.  Nylock nut #16340 should be tight enough to prevent the bellcrank cube #13871 from popping out of the notch in the side of the powder bar.

On 7/31/2018 at 11:00 AM, dillon said:

Be sure the #13848 bushing is lightly greased, inside and out.  Nylock nut #16340 should be tight enough to prevent the bellcrank cube #13871 from popping out of the notch in the side of the powder bar.

Thanks!

I tried loosing up 16340 and indeed the cube fell out of the notch in the middle of a run... only noticed after 20 or 30 rounds.  I tested and it seems the bolt needs to go all the way into the nylock nut 16340, e.g. pretty tight, in order to prevent the cube from falling out. 

I will lube 13848.