Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

mark 7 autodrive pro 1050

On 10/19/2018 at 11:01 AM, MrPan said:

Make sure you check your brass and find any straggler .380s and keep your machine clean, make sure you keep a can of compressed air next to your press and never put your hands near the machine while its moving.

how do you sort them out?

8 hours ago, Laxman2809 said:

im trying to avoid sorting by hand. I have the 5 gallon bucket sorters but they were only ok at filtering it out.

The bucket sorter can't tell the difference between 380 and 9mm

• 2 years later...

Ok, after processing about 500 rounds on my 1100, I don’t think I can hold out until winter to order an autodrive pro. 

Can anyone confirm if it comes with a low primer sensor or is it extra?  I know they sell one for $30, but I thought I read somewhere that it already had one included. 

I figure if I’m going to use 3 passes to load 9mm, I think I can skip any sensors to start with to minimize costs. But I would like it to stop on its own when the primers are low. I do plan to get the $30 remote stop button and plan to stay and monitor the press while it’s running. 

1 hour ago, ddc said:

3 passes? 

I know a lot use two passes especially if automated.

How will your three passes be set up?

Sorry, I meant 2 passes, but on the first “processing” pass there would be a total of 3 decapping dies installed in Stations 2, 6, and 7. 

40 minutes ago, Cuz said:

Sorry, I meant 2 passes, but on the first “processing” pass there would be a total of 3 decapping dies installed in Stations 2, 6, and 7. 

Gotcha.

5 hours ago, Cuz said:

Can anyone confirm if it comes with a low primer sensor or is it extra?  I know they sell one for $30, but I thought I read somewhere that it already had one included. 

No it does not come with the low primer sensor. I thought the same thing when I bought mine, but it is extra.

5 hours ago, mveto said:

No it does not come with the low primer sensor. I thought the same thing when I bought mine, but it is extra.

Ok, thanks, so I guess the way around it would be to tell the press to stop after 100 rounds, which would be annoying. The low primer sensor is only $30 so that one, and the remote stop button are reasonably priced. 

with 2 pass processing for pistol ammo, and virtually 100% decapping during the first pass, I think those are the only options I will need to get started. 

9 hours ago, Cuz said:

Ok, thanks, so I guess the way around it would be to tell the press to stop after 100 rounds, which would be annoying. The low primer sensor is only $30 so that one, and the remote stop button are reasonably priced. 

with 2 pass processing for pistol ammo, and virtually 100% decapping during the first pass, I think those are the only options I will need to get started. 

Using an Ammobot instead of a Mk7 but I have no sensors other than the low primer sensor.

(The Ammobot came with the low primer sensor and the remote stop button.)

I've got mine set up on the left end of a bench. That way I can stand at about 10 o'clock and easily see into a 9mm case to verify powder and to observe bullet issues.

The primary stoppage I have is a bullet occasionally falling off either at 6 or 7 or on the way from 6 to 7. 

The remote stop button is in my hand all the time.

So you can get by without any other sensors but you've got to be standing right there with the button in your hand.

You are the "super sensor", lol.

It seems you could set up a Mk7 in a similar fashion.