Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

mark 7 autodrive pro 1050

2 hours ago, mach1soldier said:

Also the biggest thing is make sure the 1050 is running perfectly by hand before you put the drive on. 

I think this is the most important. 

Once that is complete, you are good to go. 

I've had my Mark 7 on my 1050 for a few months.  I agree with the above comments.  If the press is running well, you won't have problems.  I'd still start slow until you feel comfortable with it.  I got a swage sense to alleviate the worry about primer issues.  I ordered a bullet sense with it as well but they're still out of stock.  I wouldn't say the bullet sense is mandatory since I can typically stop the press on the rare occasion I have an issue with a bullet.  However, after missing it one time and having a bin full of spilled powder, I'm looking forward to receiving it.    

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, JatCarver said:

Stage sense is the one sensor I don’t have, do you guys feel it’s wirth it? I’ve loaded ~50k rounds without it with no problems that I can recall. 

What other sensors do you have? The optical deprimer one? I hear as long as you keep it clean it works like a charm. 

I need either the deprimer one or the swagesense to catch that 1/5000 primer that pulls back into the pocket. 

21 minutes ago, V2plus25 said:

What other sensors do you have? The optical deprimer one? I hear as long as you keep it clean it works like a charm. 

I need either the deprimer one or the swagesense to catch that 1/5000 primer that pulls back into the pocket. 

Yes I have the optical deprime sensor and also Bullet sense. My optical deprime has worked great, it has two holes built in that you can give a little shot of compressed air every 500 rds or so, I’ve had zero issues when I do this. I just do it while the press is running. 

Bullet sense is my fav sensor thou, to be honest I don’t watch the machine all the time anymore when making practice ammo, just match ammo I’ll babysit it. 

5 hours ago, JatCarver said:

Yes I have the optical deprime sensor and also Bullet sense. My optical deprime has worked great, it has two holes built in that you can give a little shot of compressed air every 500 rds or so, I’ve had zero issues when I do this. I just do it while the press is running. 

Bullet sense is my fav sensor thou, to be honest I don’t watch the machine all the time anymore when making practice ammo, just match ammo I’ll babysit it. 

Sounds good.  Looks like I'll have to pick up a bullet sense as soon as they get off backorder.

i went with the prime sense and swage sense,no need for decap sense as if theres a primer left in the swage will pick it up,out of 8000 rnds i have had 2 bullets fall offbefore being seated,for the 470 canadian for the bullet sense i can have the odd bullet topple and still be ok for a long long time.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been strongly considering getting a Mark7 1050 Pro Autodrive, but I have read a lot of posts of users having issues with it.

I recognize that most issues are with the S1050 and not the Mark7 (Especially in the primer station).

I would like to gauge your opinions on getting one or saving up some money, selling the S1050 and getting a Mark7 Evo Pro?

For the cost of an Evo Pro I can get the AutoDrive and a CasePro 100! LOL

I had RL 1050 with no autodrive. Recently I got a Evo Pro and couldn't be happier. The Evolution is more modern design, it seems that the priming works better in the Evo and added stations are also nice since I can do e.g. used primer removal and expansion in different dies.

If you can afford it, go with the Evo.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2018 at 1:59 PM, hitman_usmc said:

I have a new 1050 with a mark 7 and love it. Very few issues. Not sure what the evolution would do better but don't really care to look into it since mine works fine. Get the swage sense and bullet sense. It checks pretty much everything you need. 

Yep that's pretty much what I was thinking.  The BulletSense is on backorder but at least I have the SwageSense on the way.

Does anyone use an EGD or Lvl10 primer hold-down die or think that it's necessary?  As others have pointed out, as long as stations on either side of the priming one are adequately adjusted there shouldn't be any flex while priming.  I'm getting consistent primer seating depth as it is, so hopefully this isn't an issue.

24 minutes ago, V2plus25 said:

Yep that's pretty much what I was thinking.  The BulletSense is on backorder but at least I have the SwageSense on the way.

Does anyone use an EGD or Lvl10 primer hold-down die or think that it's necessary?  As others have pointed out, as long as stations on either side of the priming one are adequately adjusted there shouldn't be any flex while priming.  I'm getting consistent primer seating depth as it is, so hopefully this isn't an issue.

I installed a Everglades primer hold down die because it was cheep figured it couldn't hurt

• 3 weeks later...

Make sure you check your brass and find any straggler .380s and keep your machine clean, make sure you keep a can of compressed air next to your press and never put your hands near the machine while its moving.

On 9/23/2018 at 12:33 PM, LowBoost said:

I have been strongly considering getting a Mark7 1050 Pro Autodrive, but I have read a lot of posts of users having issues with it.

I recognize that most issues are with the S1050 and not the Mark7 (Especially in the primer station).

I would like to gauge your opinions on getting one or saving up some money, selling the S1050 and getting a Mark7 Evo Pro?

For the cost of an Evo Pro I can get the AutoDrive and a CasePro 100! LOL

I sold my Super 1050 when the Evolution became available as I wasn't committed into the Super 1050, only reloaded one caliber, no extra toolheads etc.  I was able to keep my autodrive and convert it to an Manual Evolution...

Only regrets was I reloaded on a 550B this year as I waited for my Evolution to be shipped.  Now running my evolution pro, all the money lost on selling my Super 1050, the time and waiting was worth it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2018 at 7:33 PM, hitman_usmc said:

I put an expander die in place of a hold down die. Never had an issue of any sort and it got rid of the noise from the powder/expander. 

So you use a Powder die in its place. How you adjust it just run it down to shell plate. Any pics of what you have. Was thinking of getting the Everglades one but I have a extra powder die laying around