Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I always liked "Brian's Shooting Forums." Sorry to be a reactionary. OTOH since I coined the term [shuffles feet modestly] all these many moons ago, "Enosverse" has its charms. How about a play on the Twilight Zone: "You are about to enter....the Enosverse."

I do like that...

but...I was coming to post this...

Brian's Shooting Porch

with a tag line...something like... come on in...take a load off

Kinda reminds me of a couple of guys, sitting around talkin' about shootin'

(Edited by Flexmoney at 7:46 am on Oct. 26, 2002)

the be center ed circle is pretty clever. What about just

"be centered," with a circle around it? I don't know though, the "cirlce" does add that is a like-minded GROUP.

I had forgotten about, but like Duane's Enosverse. It's kinda cool. OK, what about benosverse?

:)

"I still like "Brian's Shooting Forums." It's....friendly. And doesn't come across like it's trying to break its back being clever. "  Duane's opinion, I agree.

"Brian's Shooting Forums."  Acknowledges founder and states reason for existence.  My opinion (repeat)

Brian, i think the title is very important, but if you want to be found in the web you must add special topics like     " Pam Anderson testing benos 5 incher", or "new slide glide applications by Carmen Electra (pictures included)" or "Leatham secret right eye surgery" or "secret loads to cheat cronograph" etc., you'll increase the visitors in 4 times, of course all topics must be a link to the online Benos store. Just an idea

BEnosverse has a great ring to it, how does "THE Shooting Forum" Doesn't sound as good as BEnosverse but it lest you know what's going on.

Welcome to BEnosverse the center of the shooting world.   what about that across the top of the page?

maybe I missed the whole point, but if it isn't broken, why fix it?

I am with Duane, I like the old name.  It doesn't try too hard to be cute or too intellectual, just straight forward and to the point without making anyone feel they don't belong; as they might if they did not understand or "get" one of the other fine choices.

You could go for ebonics: I BE Shooting, or since or friendly host has the calm meditational ways of the late Bob Ross, perhaps "The Joy of Shooting". Then you would have to change your signature to "Happy shooting and God bless", though.

But all lame jokes aside, I think something classic (Brian Enos' Shooting Forums) and not too witty would fit these forums best. Like THE Book, it's just timeless stuff. Nothing fancy or contemporary, and that's also why it's still so cool today.

Just my 2 cents.

• 1 month later...

Since I travel alot in my profession, I am often at computers where I do not have a favorites list.

9 times out of ten, when I use a search engine, I get B. Enos music.  

My point being, that a name should make it easy for search engines to find BE website.  I realize the startegy is alot more simiplier than the tactics i.e. the devil is in the details.

The idea of competitive shooting in the title would help the people looking for competitive shooting forums v. other gun forums.

So I think Jon's and Spook's are on the right track.  

There is no doubt this is the best competitive shooting forum on the web.  Nobody else comes close in breadth or depth.

USPSA can not even come close, especially after they caved on their new forum layout.  They had a chance do do a good job but ended up choking the chicken.