Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock trigger upgrades, best bang for your bucks parts?

midvalleyshooter

1 hour ago, polymerfeelsweirdman said:

I have a gauge but the pull weight doesn't correlate much with how much I like the pull. I believe with the full TTI kit it is around 4lbs, with all factory parts it's more like 6lbs. Swapping just a connector drops about 0.5lbs it seems.

It's decently difficult to get a good reading on glock.

The most repeatable way is to measure from the very bottom of the trigger.
But, you get really low readings this way, and no one pulls the trigger from the very bottom.

My setup(s):
Glock 17 gen3:
Polished 3.5 connector
over travel stop
Wolff plunger spring
Wolff 4.5lbs striker spring
3-3.5lbs at the bottom of the trigger
3.5-4.5lbs at the center

Glock 24 Gen 3
Zev flat trigger system
over travel stop
Wolff plunger spring
2-3lbs at the bottom of the trigger
2.5-3.5lbs at the center

7 hours ago, Paul49 said:

Did you measure the trigger pull that resulted from the combination of TTI parts that you chose?

In fact almost none of you guys have reported trigger pull weights......

With all these subjective comments about feeling this and that, trigger pull can be measured objectively.

Sorry, I don't have a pull wieght gauge. All I know is the $45 TTI kit provided the best Glock trigger (to me) compared to the other brands I've tried. I'm sure there are better/lighter, but the thread title is bang for buck so I think this fits to bill.

For me the smoothness, crispness of the break/reset, and the amount of pre/over travel are more important than sheer pull weight.

6 hours ago, mmlook said:

It's decently difficult to get a good reading on glock.

The most repeatable way is to measure from the very bottom of the trigger.
But, you get really low readings this way, and no one pulls the trigger from the very bottom.

My setup(s):
Glock 17 gen3:
Polished 3.5 connector
over travel stop
Wolff plunger spring
3-3.5lbs at the bottom of the trigger
3.5-4.5lbs at the center

Glock 24 Gen 3
Zev flat trigger system
over travel stop
Wolff plunger spring
2-3lbs at the bottom of the trigger
2.5-3.5lbs at the center

Also, the trigger pull is different with an empty gun. A mag with rounds puts upward pressure and takes some of the surface engagement off the trigger bar and striker leg. 

Trying to gauge a trigger pull on Glocks is not all that valuable in my mind.

On 7/26/2018 at 1:27 PM, galt11 said:

I tried most of the different drop in kits out there and found the TTI 3.5 kit to be the one myself and most others liked the best.  It seemed to be the shortest reset and smoothest trigger pull.  They also seemed to be fairly consistent overall as I have installed 50+ kits in different Glocks over the years and the results were very similar to each other.  This can be helpful if you run different guns in different divisions.

Adam

I have had a few different kits in my 34 and the TTI is my favorite so far.  Definitely is the smoothest and best reset out of what I have tried.  

Edited by Diesel24v

I liked my DK the best fallowed by Johnny's but as far as bang for the buck I really like the OC custom trigger bar and housing with the polished (-) connector and springs.  For around $80 delivered you get a smooth trigger with adjustable pre/over travel.  Just the bar with TTI kit is excellent as well.