Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock trigger upgrades, best bang for your bucks parts?

midvalleyshooter

I run a Ghost Rocket connector kit in my 34 and 35. You file down a tab on the connector to customize the reset. Makes it much shorter. If you run the light striker spring you may get light primer strikes. My 35 has a Zev striker to remedy that. My 34 didn’t need it. Around $40 for the kit. Zev skelotnized striker is $80.

I tried most of the different drop in kits out there and found the TTI 3.5 kit to be the one myself and most others liked the best.  It seemed to be the shortest reset and smoothest trigger pull.  They also seemed to be fairly consistent overall as I have installed 50+ kits in different Glocks over the years and the results were very similar to each other.  This can be helpful if you run different guns in different divisions.

Adam

• 3 weeks later...

Look at the Ghost connector and Zev parts. Those will be the best bang for your buck. I had good luck with both of those brands. Like someone else stated, I was not impressed with Lone Wolf. Others did like them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I the one that thinks it's not that simple. I try a combo of parts for each of my Glocks. Simply putting xyz trigger in doesn't give the same feel in every gun. 

A reduced power striker and plunger springs are a must for me. 

I usually try several different connectors to get the feel I'm looking for. Lone wolf, TTI, ghost. 

I've stopped using a XP trigger retrun spring. 

I've got two lighted strikers that sit in the spare parts bin. 

I've got a Vannek kit that gives a different feel from gun to gun. It's nice but now I just swap parts until I get a feel I can live with. Then practice. Save a lot of money!  

Though, I would like to try a flat face trigger. 

Just my $0.02. 

I've rotated through the various OEM connectors, the ghost rocket, and the TTI.

The OEM's are alright but nothing special. 

I believe the TTI is basically longer so the break is further back and the trigger effectively has a shorter reset. The problem I've had is when removing and replacing the TTI the trigger bar sometimes just slips off the connector resulting in a dead trigger and I think this is similar to what other people have had happen when they first install it without bending the connector right. I like it well enough but it breaks pretty far back. 

I previously dismissed the rocket but just put one back in and like it a lot. The over travel stop is awesome. Perhaps it could result in failures if it got dirty but I gave this one a bit more over travel than the just functional point. Something I have noticed is that it feels like the gun has a longer dwell time with the rocket in. I'm not sure why but I'm guessing it has to do with the overtravel stop and the striker mechanism resetting? I prefer a more forward break with overtravel stop versus the TTI solution of putting the break farther back; both seem to give shorter perceived reset but that dwell time thing seems to be just the rocket.

2 hours ago, polymerfeelsweirdman said:

The problem I've had is when removing and replacing the TTI the trigger bar sometimes just slips off the connector resulting in a dead trigger and I think this is similar to what other people have had happen when they first install it without bending the connector right. 

I've had this issue. When you say bending the connector right....bending it more outward away from trigger housing?

I like the Vanek kits the best, even though the "feel" can be slightly different in different Glocks. Charlie has been at it for years, knows what parts work together and what does not, plus he has always taken the time to explain things when I called. His customer service has always been first rate. I also have a couple of DKS triggers and Daniel has been good to work with, and his triggers do work. He responded promptly with the explanation when I had a question about the reset on the new (at the time) TTI connector he had switched to. DKS kits feel different in different guns as well. I think it is mostly just the nature of the beast. With the recent changes to production rules, it is going to be a whole new world as far as triggers go!

I've dabbled with alot of triggers and trigger parts without any satisfaction then I dropped the $200 on a custom johnny glock trigger and I've never looked back. Varry short brake and a super fast reset in my gun. I'm still running the stock striker and a 4.5 pound striker spring and I'm still getting 2.75 pound trigger pull in my gen 4 g34. Trigger never misses a beat. I played with a zev in a gen 3 35 and it was lighter then my trigger but seemed squishy to me and the reset wasn't even close to how fast and snappy my johnny trigger is. I can't say enough good about the trigger. But that's just my opinion your may varry. Asking about triggers is like asking what you favorite color is lol

1 hour ago, Jamese35 said:

Asking about triggers is like asking what you favorite color is lol

Yep. I am not above changing things out either - been known to swap a trigger around to different Glocks until I find the one that it just "feels" the best in. Often times the gun that the trigger was intended for is not the one where it ended up. ?

58 minutes ago, Whitefish said:

Yep. I am not above changing things out either - been known to swap a trigger around to different Glocks until I find the one that it just "feels" the best in. Often times the gun that the trigger was intended for is not the one where it ended up. ?

Hit the nail on the head man. No two guns are the same and that goes for every gun.

I have installed triggers and parts in many Glocks and at one time had 13 aftermarket triggers on hand.  I told Johnny Glocks I wanted reduced pretravel, rolling break, reduced overtravel and short reset for a Gen 5 and he delivered exactly that. He will tune your trigger as you want it rather than one size fits all. I like Vanek and DK  triggers also.

Different bars ran a little different in each of my G17’s.  

They both have a zev spring kit.  One has a TTI connector and the other has a Zev Race connector.  

They both feel the same now.  

7yds and in, my splits are always in the teens, so I haven’t bothered trying to get the trigger and “better”.  I’m just used to it now.  

Shot a friends Shadow 2 and that single action at 2lb is too light for me now. Haha

I've had good results with the TTI grand master kit. I played with using some or all of the springs to see what felt the best, and generally ran the factory striker spring for reliability

2 hours ago, MPF said:

I've had good results with the TTI grand master kit. I played with using some or all of the springs to see what felt the best, and generally ran the factory striker spring for reliability

Did you measure the trigger pull that resulted from the combination of TTI parts that you chose?

In fact almost none of you guys have reported trigger pull weights......

With all these subjective comments about feeling this and that, trigger pull can be measured objectively.

40 minutes ago, Paul49 said:

Did you measure the trigger pull that resulted from the combination of TTI parts that you chose?

In fact almost none of you guys have reported trigger pull weights......

With all these subjective comments about feeling this and that, trigger pull can be measured objectively.

I have a gauge but the pull weight doesn't correlate much with how much I like the pull. I believe with the full TTI kit it is around 4lbs, with all factory parts it's more like 6lbs. Swapping just a connector drops about 0.5lbs it seems.