Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hoster for gen4 g34

galt11

I am thinking of switching to a gen 4 Glock 34 for production class and am curious what are the more popular and used holsters for that model?  I have used the DAA PDR and Bladetech, but was curious if there maybe something better.  Thanks

Adam

I love bladetech! Also ghost has a good one. Currently i have been running a Red Hill Tactical Holster. Extremely strudy, double layer kydex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, gunnerBU said:

Bladetech DOH (or boss drop for something a little more sturdy)

This one. DOH stands for drop & offset holster. There is a piece between the belt attachment and holster itself that drops it lower from your waistband and cants the holster outward slightly, making the draw a little easier. There are three DOH options, short, long and duty.

Being a little older and less flexible in the shoulder, I really appreciate the dropped holsters. You don't feel all hunched up like you're drawing from right under your armpit.

Here is a link to one version on the website.

https://blade-tech.com/products/large-d-os

Edited by Paul49

For those that went with the Blade-tech, do you have the classic or signature series versions?  I think the classic is the one I have for another gun and is a bit sturdier.

18 hours ago, galt11 said:

For those that went with the Blade-tech, do you have the classic or signature series versions?  I think the classic is the one I have for another gun and is a bit sturdier.

Mine was called "Black Ice" and doesn't look like any of the current models pictured in the OWB section. Google search results suggest by the dates of reviews (2012-2015) that it was a recent model apparently discontinued. 

• 5 months later...

I used a Comptac International. I have since tried RHT holsters on other guns and xan whole heartedly recomend those. He makes a great product and when paired with a Boss hanger its rock solid. 

Had a Bladetech, switched to a Red Hill and never looked back. The Bladetech is thin and flimsy in comparison. Get the Red Hill double-layer kydex. It is way more firm, and you notice that every time you draw. The holster stays completely still during the draw and doesn't want to come with the gun at all. Feels like its bolted to your belt, as a holster should. 

I bought my son a Comp-Tac International for his Glock 35 (its his first holster) and after I tried it I bought one for my 1911. The hanger that comes with itmputs it ina good place for me and its a lot slicker on release and draw than my old Chapman rig that I loved so much.

I guess coming out of the stone age isnt a bad thing.

I would go with a lytton custom holster. I haven't had good luck with red hills and they take forever to get. Lytton makes all the other holsters I've tried seem like dime store knockoffs. Not to mention redpill refused to make me a holster for my limited gun that is being built.