Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sti edge

Bwilmot

I’m still waiting on headquarters to call me back but a buddy says he’s talked to them and the Sti edge is legal as long as it fits and makes weight.  So has anyone here found out if it’s true ? 

1 hour ago, Bulldog317 said:

They all come with the Bull barrel and are too heavy.

If your looking for a 2011 I believe the STI  Marauder  and Hawk is the only ESP legal gun.

sti eagle with bushing bbl (though no longer being produced i believe).

and isn't the prohibition against 'heavy' barrels, not necessarily barrels labeled as 'bull'?  eg sig 320x5?

5 minutes ago, davsco said:

and isn't the prohibition against 'heavy' barrels, not necessarily barrels labeled as 'bull'?  eg sig 320x5?

That seems to be the case but the STI guns definitely have cone shaped bull barrels which is not allowed.

36 minutes ago, davsco said:

sti eagle with bushing bbl (though no longer being produced i believe).

Yes, I beleive that is the way it's worded...heavy or coned barrel...but what's the difference between heavy and bull except wording??

Both just thicker barrels to add weight.

The X5 seems to be an anomaly, but IDPA seems to make judgments on the fly.LOL

yeah at least IMO, in ESP they should just perhaps just stipulate overall weight and size, and no optics or comps, and leave it at that, mostly equating to Limited in USPSA.  while idpa is primarily carry-based, most folks don't keep their bug guns on their night stands but more so, full size handguns, so let's get some practice with those also.

1 hour ago, jhgtyre said:

That seems to be the case but the STI guns definitely have cone shaped bull barrels which is not allowed.

while the shorter ones do, my edge barrel isn't coned.

16 minutes ago, davsco said:

yeah at least IMO, in ESP they should just perhaps just stipulate overall weight and size, and no optics or comps, and leave it at that, mostly equating to Limited in USPSA.  while idpa is primarily carry-based, most folks don't keep their bug guns on their night stands but more so, full size handguns, so let's get some practice with those also.

Agree totally, and since they added PCC now anyway ,they need to get off the primary carry-based...and let folks shoot what they want in ESP...but that's a whole other topic LOL

I do not believe the EDGE is too heavy.

http://www.brazoscustom.com/sti_guns/sti_edge.htm

It weighs in at 39 ounces.  Unless someone from IDPA says it's legal I would say the barrel is the issue.  The one edge i took apart had a slide that was machined for a bushing so it could easily be fitted with a bushing barrel.  If I already owned an EDGE and wanted to compete in IDPA I would buy a new barrel to ensure compliance and be done with it.

• 2 months later...