Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Walls To Infinity

willis103

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/25/2018 at 4:50 PM, JAFO said:

I agree that I'm not sure the shooter in the OP's pic really gained anything.  I think the discussion drifted more towards those that might be tempted to go under a wall, rather than extending their gun hand over it.

Just a little sidetracked. The whole body going under/over is obvious and doesn't need discussing. After all the comments on multiple forums I feel like it isn't a big deal.

• 1 year later...
On 7/27/2018 at 12:38 PM, willis103 said:

Just a little sidetracked. The whole body going under/over is obvious and doesn't need discussing. After all the comments on multiple forums I feel like it isn't a big deal.

Sorry to dig this one up, but this came up today at a match.

I still don't think there is a negative answer for this one. There is literally no penalty for defeating obstacles imaginary or real. Just because someone chooses to defeat an obstacle by using their feet to walk around, or defeat it by going over or under, I don't think there is any penalty available for HOW you do it as long as you do it safely.

I suppose the RO could just stop them, and give them a reshoot.  Eventually they'll catch on.

Just like there's no spelled out rule you can't go under walls, there's no spelled-out rule the RO can't stop you for the "range equipment failure" of the wall to prevent you from going under it.

1 hour ago, shred said:

I suppose the RO could just stop them, and give them a reshoot.  Eventually they'll catch on.

Just like there's no spelled out rule you can't go under walls, there's no spelled-out rule the RO can't stop you for the "range equipment failure" of the wall to prevent you from going under it.

walls go to the ground and to infinity based on height, since they go to the ground, you can't go under the wall.

a penalty such as zero for the stage should be added to the rule book for going under a wall or climbing over a wall.

10 hours ago, perttime said:

At our local matches WSB always defines that walls go to the ground, or shooting under them is prohibited. Not that shooting under them would usually make any sense. Then shooting under them earns you procedurals.

This isn't about shooting through the walls which is clearly a PE per shot.

There is no penalty for walking through the wall. At best, REF due to the wall preventing you from passing through and reshoot.

26 minutes ago, PigSnowball said:

There is no penalty for walking through the wall. At best, REF due to the wall preventing you from passing through and reshoot.

Whuuutttt?

1 hour ago, PigSnowball said:

Our walls leave a gap at the bottom. Not all that much but a gap still. We go by IPSC rules and the rules don't state that the wall extends to the ground.

4 hours ago, perttime said:

Our walls leave a gap at the bottom. Not all that much but a gap still. We go by IPSC rules and the rules don't state that the wall extends to the ground.

No, we don't.  Here in the USA we go by USPSA Rules.  They most clearly state such walls go to the ground.  (USPSA Rule 2.2.3.3)

18 minutes ago, Schutzenmeister said:

No, we don't.  Here in the USA we go by USPSA Rules.  They most clearly state such walls go to the ground.  (USPSA Rule 2.2.3.3)

Ooooooh!    IPSC vs USPSA   :sight::P

On 2/5/2020 at 1:34 PM, PigSnowball said:

PE?

No it is a FTSA and 2 mikes per target unless they are engaged from somewhere else.

By default walls go to the floor, unless otherwise stated in the WSB.

2 hours ago, Schutzenmeister said:

Problem here is our international folks posting are quoting IPSC rules while those in the USA are relying on USPSA rules ... They are different on this topic.  It may help if when you post you make it clear to which set of rules you are referring.

Some do.

The forum is named "USPSA/IPSC Rules".